• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Shady Glen - The Recovery - Photographs

George Farmer said:
Now that's what I call recovered! Well done, Steve!

Thanks George!! Not sure if it is good enough to win any prizes though. My photography is a little lacking I'm afraid :oops:

My brother in law has got a decent camera, next time he is due to visit us I will ask him to bring it with him. Any tips on lighting, apertures and all that techno stuff??

Cheers,

Steve

Re: A Shady Glen - A Year and a Half later Photographs

Hello all you mad aquascapers, (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) :D

It has been about eighteen months since I last posted any news about the 'Shady Glen Aquascape Journal so I thought it was about time I posted an update :oops:

The scape has gone through many stages of development in this time and is almost unrecognisable from how it was a few months after setting it up. Here are some photographs, I hope you will agree it still looks pretty good!

This a view from the front of the whole tank.

101_0826.jpg

The main reason for posting again now is because I wanted people to see how the Lava Rock Walls I made from Egg Shell crate and lava rock have evolved and thrived in case any one decides to give it a go.

This is a view of the right hand side wall. The java fern and mosses are totally wild. There is also still some Riccia Fluitans amongst the moss on the left hand section.

101_0822.jpg

This one view of the left hand wall.

101_0828.jpg

These walls have created a refuge for my egg laying tetras to spawn their eggs and the fry have survived despite there being other fish present in the tank.

101_0824.jpg

101_0823.jpg

I have decided that I am going to re-scape this tank after all this time so I have advertised the walls for sale on a well known auction site if anyone is interested.

Also if anyone knows of someone who has Wild Heckel / Tefe Discus for sale I would be keen to hear about them. I will post something in the wanted section later.

Cheers,

Steve.

Back