• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A stranger dog...story

I just like to share my story with a stranger's dog....

I started walking on the way to work about 6 months ago. Every day I'd go the same route and there was this house with a couple of German Sheperd in the backyard that would lose their voice barking at me. The fence is somewhat net like so they can see me very well and I could see them very well.

Being me, I started stopping for a few seconds and I'd just talk to them. They'd just bark and growl. People passing would give me some strange looks but I didn't care. Next day I'd do the exact same thing, dogs barking, me talking baby talk to them...

Roll forward some weeks, the dogs stopped barking at me altogether and I noticed one of them in particular would be standing there near the fence every morning as if waiting for me, and the moment she saw me, she'd come to the fence looking at me. The fence has holes in it big enough for a dog to put their face through.

So one morning she puts her head through the hole of the fence asking for attention. I put my hand towards her nose and I just let her sniff me. Then I went on my way. The day after, same scenario, but she started licking my hand. So I got brave and petted her. This was the moment the dog love story started...

There have been mornings through the winter when I didn't see her and I am guessing the owners had them in an enclosed place somewhere I could not see and didn't let them out. The fence and the yard is situated in a way that you can't see the actual front of the house, only the side and there are no windows visible where I would stand at the fence. I know I now sound like a dog stalker :) but its one of the reasons I stopped in the first place as the owners could not see me, unless they were in the yard.

So almost every day now I pass by and this lovely female German Sheperds waits for me there. And it is not just 1 or 2 of them. Eventually it turns out there are 4 German Sheperds. As time went by, more started appearing at the fence each day.

But whether any of the rest is there or not, she'd be there. I am guessing she can sense the time I'd come. I pass by about the same time, give or take 10-15 mins difference. She'd see me and run towards me just like my own dog would at home. She'd put her head through the hole and let me pet her. Then both of us would be on our way.....

In the last couple of months, a 2nd one of them is getting really friendly with me, both of them waiting in the morning and fighting for my attention through the holes of the fence. I reckon the 2nd one is just a pup less than a year old as he's trying to play with my hand. I have the feeling at least 1 or 2 of the bunch are her pups and are really young, hence it took so long for me to actually see the owners had 4 German Sheperds. I also think she brings this pup to the gate for me to see as they seem close.

I was contemplating whether to put the story up or not as the actual owners may see it but I mean no harm and I never ever give the dogs treats or toys. It's just a bit of a love talk and petting, and we all go our own ways. The dogs know that too.

A couple of pictures

Dog1.jpg
Dog2.jpg

Aww, our pup like to steal cuddles too - bounds up to the fence tail wagging - often at the primary school kids going by. We did have someone knock on the door concerned she might be stuck as she was whining at them... just wanted more ear rubs - once you've given in once you have to deliver.

Lovely story.. :)
I am guessing she can sense the time I'd come.

Yes they probably do... I'm brought up as youngest of 6 sibblings with pets from the day as was born.. I do not know any beter, i haven't had 1 month in my life without a pet around the house.

Pets like cats and dogs seem to pick up much more than time sense only.. Donu how and what they do but they do. Our family dog back than was always waiting for me when i came home from school perfectly on time. Even is school was out earlier than ussual he knew. At that time it still was pretty usual to leave the gate open and the dog could go in and out of the yard. And if the gate was closed, he made a fush and asked to open it, so he could come and pick me up. Even if my mother didn't know, the dog would tell her, school is out early today, ope the darn gate.. :)

Same story for a cat i had, the one that grew up with me, i picked that cat myself when i was about 7 years old.. At the time i was 18 and going out at night to the local pub in the village centre. Than each single night i did and came home by foot, the cat was waiting for me a few hundred meters away from home on top off a wall that was on my route home and than accompied me home. Remarkable, if i went on my bicycle he didn't..

One would think he is just sitting there the intire time just waiting.. But by standers confirmed differently. They reported seeing the cat walking and 10 minutes later saw me walking back with him. He definitively sensed me comming. Funny was, sometimes i called out his name a mile away from that wall he used to wait. And i heard him calling back with a loud Mouw!! Also when i was chatting and laughing with a mate on my way home he heard me and always replied with a loud mouw to let me know he heard me and was waiting for me.

May sound far fetched.. But personaly i developed i pretty confident hollistic view on live and energy.. I think life radiates vast amounts of energy over pretty far distances. In form of microwaves or what so ever. Maybe it's biological nucliar energy, anything living holds nucliar isotopes that's no secret. Thus we do simply radiate at a nucliar level. And i'm pretty confident that animals are picking this up and use this form of communicion far better than we dare to imagine. We tend to dismiss it as cluthered paranormal telephatic bs. In a cluthered 6th sense media hype it probably is... But besides that i rather think it's something pretty normal and likely minuscule we simply have forgotten to use and pay attention to due to evolutionary distraction and industrial revolution. We don't know what to make of it anymore other than stop believing to not get rediculled.

But think of Pheromones, something we had no scientific knowledge about prior to 1959. There still is a lot more to discover.. :cool:

And from this viewpoint, sience and the quest for something yet unknown and or unexplained has interfaces and is triggered by believing. Its waiting on the day for the one that believes looks in the right place to find it.. :thumbup: Till then, let the non believers laugh what more can we do..

Last edited:
My cat used to do something similar. There was a pub at the top of the road, if he thought I'd been in there too long he'd wait outside until someone opened the door and then scoot inside the pub and jump on to the bar, and meow at me very loudly...I'd always have to walk him home. He must have been a devout Methodist and strict advocate of temperance in another life :rolleyes:

Really great and interesting story, coincidentally i was at the vets yesterday and they had a little notice on the wall saying something like 'look with love and they will notice, talk to them gently and they will respond'

Sounds like your experience is living proof!

I mentioned it on another thread before once but my cat from my childhood,which I actually saved from a bin when a freshly newborn kitten, used to bring me dead flies for breakfast and place them on my pillow. Then he'd just sit quietly until I woke up staring at me, extremely satisfied with himself, anticipating me waking up and eating the yummy breakfast :D

Like this?

View attachment 121992

:lol: That was my late Big Bubi's usual staring expression..

Yes, just like that, staring with slanted eyes :) It's that sort of look when cats pretend they're not looking at you but they're soaking up every little movement you make. If I dared open my eyes he'd be all over me within seconds, purrs and kisses but he never dared wake me up, only sometimes he'd paw my nose gently to let me know breakfast is ready...But it was hard to miss him anyway breathing near my nose.:rolleyes:

The hair is shiny because he liked snoozing in the rubbish bin as well :lol: You'd also find him in wardrobes, drawers,etc..always closing them after himself...He loved sleeping on top of my ironed clothes. :D When I went to university, he suffered separation anxiety and actually started peeing in my back pack each time I came home, and also peeled of the wallpaper in my room. This sort of behavior was a first for him after years of having him. It was very unusual and it was obviously the only way he knew to how to tell me he missed me because he had never even sharpened his nails on furniture, only ever used the door step for that.
He was an unusually smart cat. And just to add, that even after so many years friends and family still tell stories about him,

Last edited:
Back