A thick and full carpet...

Tomp91

of Algae...
IMG_20200619_123031994.jpg

Any ideas what am doing so wrong? I have scrubbed that bad boy away with a tooth brush a couple of times then done big water changes to remove green water, does not take long to grow back at all.

Tank 28x35x30 -30L
Light 23W cfl
Fluval stratum

Weekly water change of about 30%

Recently added Amano Shimp going to add cherries too but cant get hold of any.

Tomp91

I do it with a tooth brush during water changes but its not fully off when am done. I razor blade is a good idea I'll try that!

I use Microbe-lift plants green <-- sounds kinda s*** now I've read the packet haha its maidenhead aquatics own brand I think they sold me it and its hasn't ran out to look at others yet.

I follow the instructions on the packaging kinda. I just do the smallest pour I can do (around 1 ml when measured) a week. Instructions say 5ml per 100L once or twice a week.

hypnogogia

I’d also try to siphon the algae up as you scrape it off, to avoid it floating in the water column, as part of the water change.

Nick72

Tomp91

The window does shine more on the Algae side, I am aware that's a factor. Although its not as bad as this images makes out as the right side has had a more recent more thorough scrubbing, I had to stop half way through ( I normally wouldn't let it get that bad).

I am going to clean it all up to day and will post the result.

(The tank on the left is a gold fish I am watching for my Niece and the one on the right is snail waste in case you were wondering!)

IMG_20200619_191906387.jpg

Tomp91

So I've cleaned the glass and the equipment, I really want to trim it all out of my carpet too but not sure I can get a way with changing anymore water today.

IMG_20200622_130749175.jpg

milla

Can't be the ferts lol.

From the manufacturer.

Plants Green is nitrate and phosphate free. This effectively prevents unwanted growth of algae.

Tomp91

My camera is too poor to show it, but the carpet is riddled with it too. Any tips for cleaning that up with out destroying the MC?