• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A triumphant return to scaping

Garuf

A sneak preview of my as yet unfinished and unnamed 12x10x8 optiwhite. After butchering the silicon myself resealing it. (it arrived leaking) I'm back in business after acquiring a eheim 2213 and more importantly a home.

Apparently the only non hideously blurred shot, feel free to rip it apart suggest plants changes etc. It's what I want :)
dscf2085.jpg

Thanks Stu, glad you like it! the depth is brilliant but I'm finding it limiting too though which is a bizarre sensation to behold as you'd think it was nothing but gain with the extra two inches. By the way, your Dragon stone scape is the only scape I've ever seen with dragon stone I've liked, well done!

I don't think I've ever seen a slope that steep before. It looks great but I think you lose a lot of options when it comes to planting, as you mentioned. Looks like there will only be enough space for foreground plants. That driftwood arrangement is awesome!

Thank you, yeah I think I'll be limited entirely to forground plants but that's no real biggy, I'd really like to get a emergent anubias in the back but I don't know if my room isn't too cold.

I tidied up the substrate some and tried to show the depth of the tank.
dscf2089m.jpg

dscf2096f.jpg

dscf2097t.jpg

Looking good Garuf, I have one of those tanks waiting to be filled with water hehe, nice start :)
Just one thing, trim that silicone ;) I did on mine and it looked even better afterwards.

Thanks guys, in my first post I mentioned it leaked I've actually resealed it myself and I really really really can not bring myself to trim it back, I' don't want to slip and have to do it all over again.

Thanks for the heads up Paulo, have I missed anything In the 2 months I've been homeless?

I love this, looks great but I've always been a huge fan of your hardscaping. ;) I can see it with some Crypts, Anubias, hairgrass and something like HC - should be great once planted.

Garuf said:
Thanks for the heads up Paulo, have I missed anything In the 2 months I've been homeless?
I haven't been around much myself mate, until yesterday so you tell me haha ;) its good to be back though!

Good to know, thanks Dan. I'll be planting it all up soon I think. I've got everything I need. I might see if I can get a pair of the Ikea led lights that Oliver Knott was using on his newest nano. I'd like to know if he's using just those or additional light, I don't know if they're powerful enough for less than £20.

I suppose so. *eye roll* George, don't suppose you know when the ada comp pictures are released do you?

Are they working? I've resized but now I can't see them?

congratz on the house, nice hard scape and im glad to see you have a tank (getting your priorities right) :D

IMO the hardscape looks quite harsh and will give a nice contrast to the softer plants!

Garuf said:
I suppose so. *eye roll* George, don't suppose you know when the ada comp pictures are released do you?

Are they working? I've resized but now I can't see them?
The ADA comp was last month. The AGA pics are out November sometime :thumbup:

I got your message about the LED lights too - will get back to you over the weekend with a bit of luck :)

Good to know James, I'll hold back on buying them till we're in cahoots.

Matt, you have no idea it is to have a home! I was getting sick of writing "of no fixed address" on all the forms and things! Bad times! Still need to find a job but it's not really the climate for taking people on unfortunately.

Glad you're all liking the scape, I'm hoping to grow UG in it along with anubias pymaeus crypts and hairgrass, I'm likely to change my mind though.

By the way, there will be a sand foreground I'm just waiting for there to be water in the tank before adding it as I have found it easier to clean up the edges and remove any out of place Aquasoil when it's wet.

I really like the wood. Are you gonna have moss or bare wood ? CO 2 or not ? A problem I found in my nano is that the shrmip insist on spreading the aquasoil onto the sand foreground, a plastic divider helped but as things are on a slope it tends to happen whatever you do. If the UG forms a really tight carpet that would probably helpaswell.

Nice Job, looking foreward to the finished article - Tom

Back