• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A triumphant return to scaping

TBRO said:
I really like the wood. Are you gonna have moss or bare wood ? CO 2 or not ? A problem I found in my nano is that the shrmip insist on spreading the aquasoil onto the sand foreground, a plastic divider helped but as things are on a slope it tends to happen whatever you do. If the UG forms a really tight carpet that would probably helpaswell.

Nice Job, looking foreward to the finished article - Tom

Hello, Tom. Thanks, the wood is 3 bits that I'd never been able to use in any of my other scapes but have been perfect for this one. I plan to put some moss on it but I don't know what, it'll be what ever I can get cheaply. I wasn't planning on keeping shrimp, I've always struggled, my plan for this tank was going to be some electric blue line gobies or a trio of clown killi's. I did want to put a plastic boundary in but I couldn't get it to work with the rocks and as such I abandoned it and will use moss stones and gravel to help seal in the aquasoil. I've read that UG is best grown immerse first as it travels very very badly so I think I'll conspire to grow it emerse initially to get a good batch.

Oh and yes, I'll be co2 injecting, I've got more regulators than I have tanks so it would be mad not to.

Cool, good choice with the clown killi's, really pretty and interesting behaviour. I think plain old Java moss if kept short is one of the best mosses for covering wood ADA style, a cheap Amano concept :?:

It really hangs on being able to get the fish but those are what I want. I wasn't planning on java, I've used it before and didn't like it one bit. I might get lucky nearer the date and get something interesting through the forum otherwise I'll just have bare wood, I don't like much the idea of paying £12 for something from tropica/aquafluer.

hi garuf
i got my 12x10x8 today and started trimming the silicone but got in a bit of a pickle and messed it up so i had to trim right up to the edge of the glass so you cant see any silicone.
ill post a pic tonight to show you, ive got to buy some silicone and alcohol to wipe the silicone smudges!
any updates on your tank as its been a while?
:p

The optiwhite I bought leaked so I never got much further than scaping the tank, I did plan on taking the optiwhite entirely apart and resealing it myself but time and effort required seemed disproportionate to what it's worth. :rolleyes:
I did seal it so it holds water so I might end up scaping it yet, in the mean time I've got my big tank to look forward to. :D

here is what i have managed to get done today, i put a light on so i could see how clear it was....

IMG00423-20100120-2127fulltank.jpg

IMG00419-20100120-2125seal.jpg

IMG00414-20100120-2124light.jpg

what you think garuf?? :oops:

It looks like you've done a splendid job! What are you thinking re the scape?

well i haven't finished the cleaning and re silicone yet but when i do i want something like a mini mountain scape, i might use some knife stone or some kind of tall jagged rocks with hc or riccia?? any ideas or suggestions??
just looking on getting the glass ware this week for this tank and the modern stainless steel tank im setting up.
ill start a journal soon i think so i can look back and think :clap: i did good lol
:oops:

Back