• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aaron's 216l journal!

I'm not sure George, I could get away with it but the flow from the filter is next to nothing and the fish seem to swim into the current so I have left it. It also has some moss growing on it and it is starting to become covered up :D it had an emmersed crypt that had become unplanted at one point but it got submerged again when I topped the tank up.
Thanks Paulo :thumbup:

and I know Nick lol but I think I have got used to them because I never notice :oops:
I'm not to keen on the intake though, I never have been as i think it restricts the flow far too much. I don't think I would use them again, I would probably go for the tetratec set which are clear plastic anyway, i only got these because the filter didn't come with any and the TT set were just as much :/

thanks Aaron.

ive just bought an outflow lily pipe. but keeping my other spray bar and the 2 TT inflows.
just purely to help spread co2, i find the bubbles all gather at the end of the spraybar and they woosh out in a 'sputing squeeky' sound. very anooying so they dont get spread around.

the inflows need more slots - we can all agree on that!

from this:
Untitled-2.jpg

to this:
4722120298_8d31d98196_b.jpg

stunning!

the blue background makes it look very cold, you tried any other colors? is it painted on?

just read the whole journal Aaron, was a great read and its great to see how the scape has turned out.

Your tank had evolved so well aaron... I had no idea that it would turn out like this. Well done. very well maintained.

Look at that for a before and after. Just shows you can get a great 'scape with baby steps. Rather than the planting overload thats recommended from the outset.

Congrats!

Thanks everyone, reading comments like that just makes me want to keep the tank in good shape,

Look at that for a before and after. Just shows you can get a great 'scape with baby steps. Rather than the planting overload thats recommended from the outset.

This is how I started my other tank off too, this one I did plan on planting fairly heavily from the start but delays and other problems just meant I had to go along with what I had at the time. No doubt running high CO2 from the start helped though and I think I will always start a tank off like that, even if i change to low tech a month later.

That's great stuff Aaron, i really like it, it took some vision to get it from it's conception to where it is now, fair play!

I like how uncertain everybody was at the start but I always knew where I wanted to go with this, I am just happy it turned out well :thumbup: lol

great Aaron. you'll have to let me come take some images sometime
That would be great

the blue background makes it look very cold, you tried any other colors? is it painted on?
Its just a laminated background, I have had none on which I like but it isnt suitable due to the wall, I may have tried black but at the time of trying it it made the tank look dark so I just went with blue. The cool colour might just be my WB setting as it doesnt look that cool in person.

Thanks, Aaron

I know several people have said it already but, Wow ! That is really superb, I hope you're very pleased. Almost a perfect SE asian biotope, I really like the mature Rainbow fish. Regards Tom

Back