• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aaron's 216l journal!

Do you feel the tank is 'fisished' now Aaron?
or do you get the urge to move things around, try new plants, etc.
It sure looks finished to me :thumbup:

One thing I'd love to see is a time lapse pic\video so we can see it unfold from day1 to present. That would be fantastic.

A bit of bad news. While I was away my heater stopped working and this has led to quite a lot of die off. The microsorum leaves have developed black spots all over them, with some leaves completley rotted and a lot of fungus across the whole tank.
I picked up another heater earlier and installed it and I thought I'll just check my old heater, and it worked :rolleyes:
There is some new growth coming hrough but I imagine this will die as The temperature is now back to what it should be.

I have only noticed one dead fish, so hopefully that is it, but I cant count due to all the plants.

Thanks, Aaron
a1Matt said:
Do you feel the tank is 'fisished' now Aaron?
or do you get the urge to move things around, try new plants, etc.
It sure looks finished to me :thumbup:

One thing I'd love to see is a time lapse pic\video so we can see it unfold from day1 to present. That would be fantastic.

Yeah I do, except for some C.Undulate at the background which isnt as tall as I would like to be. However my intentions were always to have this as a long term scape, so I wan't going to add any more plants or hardscape etc.
I am actually considering setting this up as a reef tank in the next few months, after visting a Sealife centre :rolleyes: lol.

I may move the plants around before I strip it down, see what styles I can get, it might be quite hard though as the wood is in large pieces, unless I remove the ferns and re-attach them which I don't really want to do.

I'll have a go at a time lapse video, if not, I'll get my sister to do it because I have never used Windows Movie Maker lol.

Thanks, Aaron

Nice one Aaron. That is fantastic to watch. mrgreen: :clap:

Sorry to hear about your heater mishap though. I hope the tank recovers quickly for you.
One way to suss if you have any remaining dead fish hidden away is to get your nose close and give the water a good sniff.
Then if you do, rather than dismantling, maybe just up the WC's until the odour goes. Not perfect but maybe a good compromise.

Great journal, it's kept me entertained on this cold and wet day haha...Loving the latest look, good job.

Back