• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aaron's 216l journal!

Re: Aaron's 240l journal!

Aaron, don't forget to try the inline method on the intake and output. I found using it on the intake, my EX1200 would hold on to the co2, then release large bubbles instead of chopping them up even more. Result was inconsistent co2 levels, and algae.

Putting it on the outlet pipe seems to have fixed this problem. Fit it close to the filter so the co2 gets extra time and distance to dissolve before reaching the tank too :)

aaronnorth said:
my inline diffuser came today, can be used 2 ways but i shall be using it as shown in the 2nd picture
Where can you find these? They look interesting.

LondonDragon said:
aaronnorth said:
my inline diffuser came today, can be used 2 ways but i shall be using it as shown in the 2nd picture
Where can you find these? They look interesting.
eBay mate - they're cheap too. I had one for under £5 delivered iirc.

[edit to add] item # 110387605987

JamesM said:
Are they effective? comparing to a glass diffusor? I have a 2224 that might not cope well with it.

LondonDragon said:
JamesM said:
Are they effective? comparing to a glass diffusor? I have a 2224 that might not cope well with it.
They seem to be... bubbles are finer, and any that reach the tank get distributed throughout the whole tank via the spraybar.

JamesM said:
They seem to be... bubbles are finer, and any that reach the tank get distributed throughout the whole tank via the spraybar.
Cool thanks, think I will give one a try since its not expensive anyway. Sorry about the hijack Aaron! :D

JamesM said:
Aaron, don't forget to try the inline method on the intake and output. I found using it on the intake, my EX1200 would hold on to the co2, then release large bubbles instead of chopping them up even more. Result was inconsistent co2 levels, and algae.

Putting it on the outlet pipe seems to have fixed this problem. Fit it close to the filter so the co2 gets extra time and distance to dissolve before reaching the tank too :)

thanks for the tip, i was going to use it on the output, do you need jubilee clips?

No probs Paulo,
Are they effective? comparing to a glass diffusor?

i cant see there being much difference, both are ceramic diffusers except this one will get better distribution hopefully.

aaronnorth said:
thanks for the tip, i was going to use it on the output, do you need jubilee clips?

I would even if you don't strictly have to. Worth it for the piece of mind IMHO.

I bet your gagging to get this all planted up 8)

a1Matt said:
aaronnorth said:

I would even if you don't strictly have to. Worth it for the piece of mind IMHO.

I bet your gagging to get this all planted up 8)

yes, i have the joy of looking after my neighbours pond while they are away. Something fishy to do lol.

im confused how those diffusers work? when they go on externally, in the image on ebay it shows the 'lump' outside of the tank but with connectors both ends. does the end with the mesh pull off? if so, what do you do with that then? - do you use it somewhere else or does it end up in a box somewhere?

also, when your co2 stops, does all the water flow up the co2 airline that connects to the diffuser?

Nick16 said:
im confused how those diffusers work? when they go on externally, in the image on ebay it shows the 'lump' outside of the tank but with connectors both ends. does the end with the mesh pull off? if so, what do you do with that then? - do you use it somewhere else or does it end up in a box somewhere?

also, when your co2 stops, does all the water flow up the co2 airline that connects to the diffuser?

this is Andy's pic:

diffuser.jpg

the mesh (strainer) pulls off and goes into storage, that is only needed if you are going to use it as part of your intake strainer on your filter.
The water wont go up the CO2 line because of the CO2 already in there which will be acting as a force against it, besides, i will hve a check valve to make sure.

hmmm, i might invest. Will it fit a TT EX1200?

someone mentioned its best to have it out the 'out' pipe rather than the intake? but it says it should go on the intake? what is best? id prefer it to go on the outlet really.

Nick16 said:
hmmm, i might invest. Will it fit a TT EX1200?

someone mentioned its best to have it out the 'out' pipe rather than the intake? but it says it should go on the intake? what is best? id prefer it to go on the outlet really.
Might be a good idea to re-read some of this topic instead of us repeating ourselves ;)

manchester_united_logo.jpg

Champions!!

ahem, now onto the tank!

DSCF0001-5.jpg

DSCF0002-8.jpg

DSCF0004-5.jpg

there is a couple of powerheads in there to circulate the water.
i can order the plants on Sunday, to be recieved on the Wednesday. However i am not odering tommorrow as i am going away for the bank holiday so i shall order it the first Sunday back as i prefer to be at home to keep check on the plants/ algae etc!!
thanks

i bet your well chuffed with the tank aaron. looks like some great bit's of hardscape too! :D

and yes, the best team became champions....AGAIN!

Back