• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aaron's 216l journal!

Tank is looking nice with the hardscape in - you are a patient man to take this long in setting it up :) I'll PM you about mosses.

Vito said:
Hey Aaron, loving the hardscape mate, what livestock you going to have in there? I can imagine little critters swiming up and over the wood. cant wait for the plants!

Keep it up!

Vito

thanks, here is what i have in mind:

angelfish
dwarf neon rainbowfish
hatchet fish
botia striata
SAE
pitbull plec

Thanks everyone.

aaronnorth said:
plant order in 8) Should be here next Wed/ Thursday :D
128343688002656250hallelujahpra.jpg

lol, it might be a week away but i am ordering some plants from AE as they have a 50% sale on :eek:

EDIT: i got 3 x M>Pteropus Narrow as that is all they had :rolleyes: If anyone has some going spare then please see my post in Buy & swap ;)
I also got a couple of pots of anubias barteri var nana
I decided against "petite" just because they were sa bargain at £2.75 :D

Those anubias look huge!

Just got myself a boyu inline diffusor like yours. I found it very noisey. Worked out though that if you fold a tea towel in half, legnthways, then wrap it around the diffusor then you can barely hear it!

Those anubias look huge!

those are aquafleur too, (Microsorum is Tropica) it is a good comparison albeit 2 totally different plants.
Just got myself a boyu inline diffusor like yours. I found it very noisey. Worked out though that if you fold a tea towel in half, legnthways, then wrap it around the diffusor then you can barely hear it!

I had it running for 5mins the other day when i tested all the connections and it was the same as running a diffuser in the tank IMO

Thanks though.

loving the wood/layout :D makes a nice change to all the iwagumi's not that i dont like them i just prefer wood to stones/rocks

looking forward to seeing it planted up,about 60% of my microsorum leaves have small plants on the ends now any ideas how to remove them?i was just going to cut the end of the leaf and pin it to my wood till it took a hold then remove the pin.

what lph is your pump?at the moment ive got a 1250lph filter and a fluval 305 on my roma 240 but want to put the spray bars higher in the water to agitate the surface but am concerned that i wont have enough flow lower down the tank at substrate level so am thinking about a korolia/sunsun pump but am unsure which size to get hense the question.

sorry for spamming your journel with questions.

cheers dave

if you leave them, over time they drop off, or as soon as it has some roots & a rhizome you can pull them off, being careful not to damage the mother leaf, although IME it always nearly dies anyway :rolleyes:

I have the TTEX1200 giving 1200l/ph (less with media) & the pump gives me 3200l/ph.
Positioned at the back left corner, pointing towards the front right corner to get maximum coverage. It actually move my ferns where i placed them!

Thanks.

Jesus, and I thought my £300 tank was a lot! I suppose you could make your money back in plant sales once everythings stable by ramping up the light and selling some stems. I've thought about it myself. ;)

Garuf said:
Jesus, and I thought my £300 tank was a lot! I suppose you could make your money back in plant sales once everythings stable by ramping up the light and selling some stems. I've thought about it myself. ;)

lol, i got quite a lot of money from selling my other tanks though :p i havent ordered any stem plants as of yet, not sure what would look good so open to suggestions ;)

I am just going to get a bit of egeria or hygrophillia while the tank starts off & i decide.

I'm in love with didiplis diandra at the moment, it's such a pretty stem. I don't want it to become over used thought so I'll be openly hating other people who have it from this point on. ;)

Other than the usual ludwegia and roatalla's I don't think there's anything particularly interesting in the stem world, you'd have to have a look at CAU to prove me wrong but a lot of the stems tropica offer always strike me as being from a time when Dutch was the tank of choice.

Garuf said:
I'm in love with didiplis diandra at the moment, it's such a pretty stem. I don't want it to become over used thought so I'll be openly hating other people who have it from this point on. ;)

Other than the usual ludwegia and roatalla's I don't think there's anything particularly interesting in the stem world, you'd have to have a look at CAU to prove me wrong but a lot of the stems tropica offer always strike me as being from a time when Dutch was the tank of choice.

didiplis diandra & rotala rotundifolia have always been on my list. lol. just thinking of a way to incorporate them is the hard thing :rolleyes:

Mmm, I can imagine, is the wood your final hardscape or are you going to change it?

Back