• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aaron's 216l journal!

It's what you like not what I like mate. I'll wait till it's planted, it does look a little confusing at first though as it's not the usual kind of scape you see and there's no definite focal point.

Untitled-2.jpg

not much to look at really, most are superglued on, except the largest hence why it is looking messy.
thanks.

It's what you like not what I like mate. I'll wait till it's planted, it does look a little confusing at first though as it's not the usual kind of scape you see and there's no definite focal point.

in a way i want to go against the "rules" of aquascaping, once planted i am sure everyone will realise what i am trying to achieve.

a1Matt said:
Yippeee, there are some plants in the tank!!!! :D

yeah,and its only page 13 :lol:

i can't see where you're going,but i like it :D .
almost mangrove swamp like,

nelson said:
a1Matt said:
Yippeee, there are some plants in the tank!!!! :D

yeah,and its only page 13 :lol:

i can't see where you're going,but i like it :D .
almost mangrove swamp like,
:lol:

i managed to break the pump :oops: I took it apart for cleaning and when i fixed it back together, the pole that runs through the centre didnt go back into the tip of the pump correctly. Turned it on & snap. Tries uperglueing it but no good, but anyway i have another coming off ebay :rolleyes: That picture shows a metal pole which should be a bit more fool proof lol.

thanks everyone.

I can see where you're goin with tihs and think it will look proper great, keep us posted on the progress (whith I'm sure you will)! :D

TDI-line said:
TDI-line said:
Nick16 said:
so whens it going to be planted? :lol:

Page 17.

I give odds of 3:1. (whatever that means). :D

Aaron, you let me down, we could of been rich, rich i tell you. :D

I like what your doing btw, i always like scapes that are a bit of the wall and unusual.

Regards,

Dan.

thanks for the feedback.

just about everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong today :(
replacement for filter still leaks, wood falling over, superglue everywhere, even on the light. Dont ask lol. No plants, cant get through to customer services... the list goes on.
These are the days that make you want to give up, i have been going since 10.30 this morning, and just filling the tank back up! A 30min job of replacing the filter this morning should of been it.

oh man,hate days like that.get so stressed.leave it for today and chill out a bit :D ,if you can.
get it sorted tomorrow,or later on when you calm down a bit.

breath matey, count to 10 and start sorting the problems one by one...

i presume you've an Aquafleur order?....was it through MA?

Thanks guys,
Yes they are Aquafleur plants through MA, i am sort of glad they havent come because of the filter, i am starting to notice some staghorn growing on the anubias aswell, they have done well to survive a week without anything except 2hrs of lighting and a dose of Nutrients :) so not as bad as i thought they would get.
Thanks.

I got some of the plants today - wendtii & beckettii, and also lilaeopsis novea-zealandiae. I also got some frogbit.
Parva wasnt on the list (tropica only species probably), the tenellus didnt come for some reason, and the balansae was out of stock but they are ordering it in again for me :)
I planted all what i had, except 2 pots of wendtii "green" so they are for sale if anyone wants them.
Here are a couple of pics, with a full tank shot later tonight, as it is just filling up.
Also tetratec ar sending me a motorhead out :D
thanks for looking and everyones support :)
Aaron.

excuse the spelling mistake on wendtii :lol:

DSCF0088-1.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

and splitting it up
DSCF0091-1.jpg

This is slowly progressing and I can see it turning into something real nice! It should be nice seeing it evolve.

hi Aaron,i am glad you sorted everything out,we all have days like that,(you will have a lot more as you get older :lol: ),
those plants look nice quality,i hope it goes well for you mate good luck,
regards john.

john starkey said:
hi Aaron,i am glad you sorted everything out,we all have days like that,(you will have a lot more as you get older :lol: ),
those plants look nice quality,i hope it goes well for you mate good luck,
regards john.

Thanks John & Tom.
It doesnt even look that full on the pics on here!

Back