• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aaron's 216l journal!

havnt used aquasoil, but i can tell you its hell when substrates powder up over everything, tropica substrate clouded up on me, it was horrible, bits everywhere, covering every single little plant :(

aaronnorth said:
has anyone else found aquasoil to be extremely messy? everytime it is touched, even if only slightly it is like powder, which clouds the water :(
i can see it settling on my wood and on the anubias, despite cleaning it off daily :rolleyes:

Yes, Aaron. I have found this with my Malaya too. Hence why I will not use it again. I don't like working with it at all.
Tank is looking good btw.

I did find it when I first tried it in a tank but not now. Even when I don't use tweezers because I'm too lazy it does cloud quite a bit in that area but settles after an hour tops. I don't find it settles on the plants though. It might be because it's a smaller tank so flow is easier to distribute and I do water changes quite a few times a week.

You'll probably get better at it once you get practise. ;)

thanks for all the replies.

rawr said:
I did find it when I first tried it in a tank but not now. Even when I don't use tweezers because I'm too lazy it does cloud quite a bit in that area but settles after an hour tops. I don't find it settles on the plants though. It might be because it's a smaller tank so flow is easier to distribute and I do water changes quite a few times a week.

You'll probably get better at it once you get practise. ;)

there is only 550l/ph in ther at the moment as the filter is leaking and i broke my 3000l/ph powerhead :rolleyes: :lol:

You could try turning the filter off while you are working on the tank. Then turn it on again after things have settled.

I do this but for different reasons... I get fed up of dropping plants from my tweezers and the flow quickly carrying them away. With the filter off I can grab them again quite easily :)

Thanks, everything is finally up & running :D just checking the CO2 levels etc.
my replacement motorhead came today so hopefully i shall get rid of the staghorn i currently have, albeit you have to be really close to see it lol but i dont want it to develop any further ;)
the other plants should be here tomorrow :)

i still swear by good old JBL Aquabasis plus, its good stuff (despite being a bit pink). its easy to plant in as well and it grips plants well too.

Nick16 said:
i still swear by good old JBL Aquabasis plus, its good stuff (despite being a bit pink). its easy to plant in as well and it grips plants well too.

it is good, used it in my 60l too, but you still need something to cap it off otherwise it makes a mess of the water.
I think my next investment will be Nature Soil :D

saintly said:
when this baby kicks in it should look great. :D

is it me or does your drop checker look a tad blue?

Thanks, cant wait for the plants to grow higher :D
My FE run out a couple of hours ago, it is usually yellow ;) i have a spare, which reminds me i need another off Dan!!

thanks.

Back