• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aaron's 216l journal!

Any updates, or new pics, Aaron?

i can understand, i find it harder to keep on top of things now im doing A levels, ive even had to quit 1 subject, to take me down to 3 so i can cope, what do you think of your a levels so far?

A levels are a blahblahblahblah man, I did English language and english literature at the same time as doing a btec and it was really hard going but it's worth sticking at it. Good luck with them though!

Personally I'd be looking at it as saying once I get this done I'll get myself a new scape! :twisted:

Garuf said:
Personally I'd be looking at it as saying once I get this done I'll get myself a new scape! :twisted:

sounds good to me :lol: nowadays, i look at things and think, ahh well, ive deserved it, and i will spend loads extra than i used to :D

AdAndrews said:
i can understand, i find it harder to keep on top of things now im doing A levels, ive even had to quit 1 subject, to take me down to 3 so i can cope, what do you think of your a levels so far?

Im finding Maths hard, did all my Mock exams last week.
got B in ICT & Biology, find out maths & chemistry tommorrow which will probably be bad :rolleyes:

I have been thinking about going back to a 60l which is more manageable, i have missed that tank from day 1 :(
It was this time last year when that tank was abused too, so it may bounce back stronger again ;)
The plants are algae free which is good though, it is just on the glass which is lucky!!

Nice tank Aaron, dont loose enthusiasm!

I started my A levels this year and have lost a lot of enthusiasm, but after leaving my tanks for 2 weeks, I tidy them up when I have the time and I become obcessed with them for a day or 2 until work starts again :rolleyes:

Are you doing 5 ASs? thats insane! Im doing maths and chemisry, and to be honest, I cannot keep up with chemistry, its just too much for me but maths in managable!

Id be well pleased with Bs in the mocks :D

Will

fishkeeper said:
Nice tank Aaron, dont loose enthusiasm!

I started my A levels this year and have lost a lot of enthusiasm, but after leaving my tanks for 2 weeks, I tidy them up when I have the time and I become obcessed with them for a day or 2 until work starts again :rolleyes:

Are you doing 5 ASs? thats insane! Im doing maths and chemisry, and to be honest, I cannot keep up with chemistry, its just too much for me but maths in managable!

Id be well pleased with Bs in the mocks :D

Will

This weekend i have a break :thumbup: so it shall be getting a clean. Ill post before and after pics to show you what has happened!

I am doing 4 As levels, and an NVQ level 2 in management and team leading.
I got U in chemistry (the whole class failed :? :? ) and a D in Maths which i am pleased with (Ill be happy with E in maths lol)

Thanks & good luck with yours.

I know the feeling Aaron, having just done a post-grad exam. Trick is to set your self revision rewards - be it new plants or re-scaping or even a new set up, after the exams. My Pico scape was my revision reward - nothing like the anticipation of an empty glass box.... Best of Luck, Tom

Luckily, and strangely, the plants werent algae infested, there was just some GDA & Diatoms on the glass. The only damage is the stems have started to rot at the bases due to no light, and you will see why when I show you the surface of the tank.
I have been thikning for months to change them for C.Undulata but havent got around to it because i havent been happy with them.

I have included before and after pics to show you what happens when you dont do water changes on a high tech tank.

Sorry about the pictures, I get some batteries, I lose my tripod :rolleyes:

DSCF0205.jpg

DSCF0206.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

I know the feeling Aaron, having just done a post-grad exam. Trick is to set your self revision rewards - be it new plants or re-scaping or even a new set up, after the exams. My Pico scape was my revision reward - nothing like the anticipation of an empty glass box.... Best of Luck, Tom

The trouble is I am always getting/ doing something new so it wouldnt really be an award :lol:
But i understand where you are coming from :thumbup:

Thanks, Aaron

AdAndrews said:
Just keep at it mate, why not switch to an uber low tech, so you wont have to do much maintenance.

yeah, thats another on my 'to do' list :lol:

I am searching for a luminaire, as i would rather not cover 1 tube up like James did as I see it as a waste of electricity and it isnt fair on my parents who pay the bill!

aaronnorth said:
AdAndrews said:
Just keep at it mate, why not switch to an uber low tech, so you wont have to do much maintenance.

I am searching for a luminaire, as i would rather not cover 1 tube up like James did as I see it as a waste of electricity and it isnt fair on my parents who pay the bill!

wont taking the bulb out stop the flow of electricity? i would probably get inside the luminaire and take the wires out.

AdAndrews said:
aaronnorth said:
AdAndrews said:

wont taking the bulb out stop the flow of electricity? i would probably get inside the luminaire and take the wires out.

Yes, but taking a wire out will break the circuit too.
I have found this, which is perfect, just going to look for others first though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Overhanging-Aquar ... 518dfe57fe

Back