• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

About time 90x45x45 scape

Morning folks, been a while since an update :), this tank had been running for over a year and as of late not had the attention it deserved, a few issues had crept in so I decided it was time for a deep clean over this weekend, removing the ferns showed up some bba and bga on the wood, so the deep clean turned into more of a rescape :lol:
49d8e4b915a8aab8890f5f857dec4e27.jpg

Tank drained I decided it was prudent to make the foreground just sand, after removing the mote Carlo carpet a few months ago, not being able to clean the sand at the front without disturbing the tropica substrate underneath, led to a little bba, sand and rocks for separation in,
dbcf3c9cf14276788cf31e139c90718b.jpg

Wood was soaking in h202 outside in a bin, sorted through the plants,
Have reused mostly slow growers, once the wood was cleaned up it went back in, replanted the background plants.
Buces, bolbitus, and ferns all attached to small lava rocks for easy removal and trimming.
End result,
69677a61e15a51efdb65eaebce5a2797.jpg

I've tried to focus more on ease of maintenance this time round,
So will continue this journal, as it's still About Time,
Cheers for looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Change brings freshness. One point to think of is outlet arrangements. Right side flow should be in the front and left side flow should be in the back.

Current outlet setup makes background a bit messy and the whole scape just does not look right because wood and rock are set from left to right, meanwhile background plants are from right to left

Reactions: tim
Did I miss what sort of stone these are? :oops:

They look to have very nice shape, texture, color :)

Looking great tim;)
I think I may well be re-scaping along similar lines too, very soon...damn HC carpet is high maintenance:rolleyes:
That Java fern you sent me will be right at home.

Change brings freshness. One point to think of is outlet arrangements. Right side flow should be in the front and left side flow should be in the back.

Current outlet setup makes background a bit messy and the whole scape just does not look right because wood and rock are set from left to right, meanwhile background plants are from right to left
I agree, unfortunately the outlet positions have to stay as they are due to only having cut the left side of the cabinet for filter pipes, also if the outlets were positioned the other way the Vallis at the right side would make its way to the front of the tank, so for now I will have to run with this setup.

Did I miss what sort of stone these are? :oops:

They look to have very nice shape, texture, color :)
Hey alto, I don't think I mentioned the stones, it's mini landscape rock aka seiryu stone, I picked up lots at the ukaps aquascaping experience event, just hadn't got round to using them.
Looking great tim;)
I think I may well be re-scaping along similar lines too, very soon...damn HC carpet is high maintenance:rolleyes:
That Java fern you sent me will be right at home.
Thanks Tim, carpets do require a lot of maintenance, I'm sure I could find the time if I could limit myself to just one tank ;), don't see that happening any time soon though :lol: glad the fern was suitable mate.

Very nice glass...I like this style a lot. I was after the gUSH version but the outlet was out of stock and my OCD wouldn't allow me to mix brands so I went for Cal Aqua instead:)

Nice tank. I liked the original setup as well as the make over. It's nicely done and plant selection is very good too.

Cheers,

Karthik

Back