• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

About time 90x45x45 scape

any chance of some closeup's for the Penthorium sedoides?

I've liked this tank from the beginning & through all it's guises :)

Reactions: tim
any chance of some closeup's for the Penthorium sedoides?

I've liked this tank from the beginning & through all it's guises :)
Thanks alto :) a couple of pics before the weekend replanting and thinning
penthorium sedoides
25839197676_b23caec3f2_c.jpgUntitled by timyapp, on Flickr
25770152231_54fec76088_c.jpgUntitled by timyapp, on Flickr
monte carlo more a shag pile rug than carpet :lol:
25234715164_c4a1124ba5_c.jpgUntitled by timyapp, on Flickr
i'm liking the way the plants have mixed together, almost a shame to trim them ;)
25839452686_f1a1f9b18f_c.jpgUntitled by timyapp, on Flickr
and just to show it's not all about the plants :lol:
25564477040_b39c4f04a0_c.jpgUntitled by timyapp, on Flickr
i'll get some pics up after maintenance over the weekend, thanks for all the likes and comments so far :thumbup:

"shag pile rug" - LOL

Plants look very healthy! Nice tank. I'd be tempted to add some red in there, but that's me ;)
Thanks mate :) I do have a few plants in there that can show reds, limnophilia, polysperma rosanervig, ludwigia arcuata, I don't think the light intensity is strong enough to benefit red plants, if I have more time for the tank I may push the intensity and see about some reds.

Hi folks, a few pics as i crack on with maintenance and plant thinning today, not really kept a scape longer term before so this is a first for me :). In preparation i drained the main filter and have left it empty but sealed to keep the bacteria going rather than the filter getting clogged and full of mulm and plant bits etc, i'm running a spare filter with sponges and floss to catch most of the detritus,
carpet lifting
25903689155_16dbefc444_c.jpg
90 maintenance day
by timyapp, on Flickr
lots of mulm and a little BGA under the carpet since i haven't been able to syphon it properly
25903692265_b9571811bb_c.jpg
90 maintenance day
by timyapp, on Flickr
carpet removed
25808751231_35d7a1a4b8_c.jpg

90 maintenance day by timyapp, on Flickr
tennelus mat
25603119200_c6933cc040_c.jpg

water change
25782923612_c966845e96_c.jpg

now refilled and i'll let the temp filter collect as much detritus as possible while i start sorting plants for re planting
25274995563_a6c1040909_c.jpg

more later thanks for looking

Morning folks having slept on it, i think Mrs Tim and wisey may be right
25282015274_b2df9d926e_c.jpg
Untitled
by timyapp, on Flickr
i'll be ordering some moss probably xmas moss to attach to some lava stones to help the sand to plants transition, but i think certainly from a maintenance point of view no carpet will be easier and cleaner looking, so that begs the question what to do with a bucket full of tennelus and monte carlo ?

Looking good.Think I prefer this new look too.
I've got some Xmas moss sitting in a jar.Want some?
Does Tenellus count as 1 of your 5 a day?

Morning folks having slept on it, i think Mrs Tim and wisey may be right
It's just a different look - either is good:)
so that begs the question what to do with a bucket full of tennelus and monte carlo ?
Zen garden type Wabi-Kusa?:D

It looks so easy, like you just put some stones, stick your leftovers, and pour in water. But in the same time - very nice and relaxing zen garden. Cool!
Nice to have an empty spare tank somewhere in the closet :)

Thanks for the P sedoides photos! (I'm motivated to pick up a pot next time they appear)

Really liking the new "zen garden flooded" :D
- of course it now demands it's own journal (not so zen like after all ;))
Tank details (if you please)

It looks so easy, like you just put some stones, stick your leftovers, and pour in water. But in the same time - very nice and relaxing zen garden. Cool!
Nice to have an empty spare tank somewhere in the closet :)
Thanks Alexander, nice to have ukaps members willing to sell me the spare tanks ;) and lucky to have a very understanding wife who allows me to set them up :lol:
Thanks for the P sedoides photos! (I'm motivated to pick up a pot next time they appear)

Really liking the new "zen garden flooded" :D
- of course it now demands it's own journal (not so zen like after all ;))
Tank details (if you please)
The sedoides is a lovely plant, it'll feature in the zen garden rescape along with ranunculus in a few months, I'll try and get a journal up for it over the weekend, though not much in the way of setup pics as it was a rather busy weekend :lol:

Back