• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AC Waste Water

Anyone tried this in their planted Aquariums? I read some time ago that you shouldn’t drink it as it may contain some heavy metals. It has been suggested that it could be used for watering gardens though. Our unit doesn’t produce that much waste but it is very low in TDS at only 40. Rainwater collected from my shed roof in comparison has a TDS of 60.

Main issue is waste AC water often contains bacteria & maould, as well as dust and other particulates, so not really suitable for use in an aquarium. Best use is for garden watering, though my mate tried this, storing the waste water in a water butt, but the water continually went mouldy and green, so he reverted to putting the waste water back down the drain as was originally fitted.

If it did contain a lot of dust and other particulates would it show up with a TDS meter?

I’ve wondered about using waste water from tumble dryer. I usually use it to water house plants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back