• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Acuavida Aquascaping Contest?

Steve Smith

Not heard of this one before, just stumbled accross a post on another forum. Looks like a Spanish group but an international contest :)

Check it out here:

http://aac.acuavida.com/home-en

The guidlines don't say anything about keeping your entries private either which is refreshing :) It does however say that you need to give the age of the scape. I believe they want to see aquascapes that have been growing for a little while, as apose to something banged together for the contest.

Thoughts?

samc said:
i think they need to spread them out more. they are all at once :twisted:

good point. it's one mad rush for one time of the year, spread out, we have more to look forward to more times of the year. these rules about not showing works publicly have cancelled me out big time :lol:

I have to say, the amount of people that post pics of their scapes and still submit them to the ADA/AGA contests is quite high. I doubt it's a strictly enforced rule, but then again, if you're gunning for the top spot it might be worth not posting at all...

Also, these forums require you to be registered in order to see posts, so that at least affords some protection... it's not strictly "publicly" available ;)

Hi Guys

The results are in, i'm absolutely chuffed, I scored 9th place in the nano section, and 37th overall. Highest placement from the UK i believe.

Cheers James

Hi James,
Well done excellent result for you,could you post some pics please,
Regards john.

i came 31st in the medio category and im ranked 76 in the world rankings, (whatever that means.) and my tank looked horrific in the photo, it was only 1 month old!

:lol:

yeah the tank looked aweful (well compared to now!) plants are a mess, lack of trimming etc.

well done all who entered, least the UK had some entries!

well done all! Respectable result there James some v good quality entries in the contest.

I liked George's Iwagumi nano I thought it had a nice balance to it, I thought the fish made it look a bit busy though (minor complaint for a very nice tank ;) )

Very good turnout overall for a first time run competition (I think its the first time)

JamesM said:
Thanks guys :)

I'm just glad I wasn't laughed out of the competition with my effort :lol:

Peter, I think its the second year, but I could be wrong mate...

Second year, I need to get out more ;)

I don't think you would be laughed out of it, there seemed to be an emphasis on originality especially with the result in the nano contest. Overall v good standard.

Back