• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 30c The Joans Tank

nayr88

Hi everyone,

I have been keeping planted tanks consistently for a little while now but never really make journals, I'm trying some different things with this one so wanted some advice and help along the way.

SPECIAL THANKS - Ryan Thang So for the tank, lights and bits - as well as some planting advice :)

Here is what we have to get started :)

Last edited:
97E9594A-C6FE-4D50-A144-98FF165D2A3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice love these little tanks, a lovely one set up at horizon aquatics and they look great.

Looking forward to seeing your tank scaped and reading your jurnal.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Is the rear glass sort of frost effect on this tank? Or my eyes playing tricks again

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is the rear glass sort of frost effect on this tank? Or my eyes playing tricks again

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Its frosted ;) I definitely prefer the frost backs to the black or blue.

Thanks @FishKeeper55 I had a little play with the lay out,
It was really fun having loads of stone, the graded gravel, sands and the bits of wood I’ve collected over the years to have a play with. I settled on something like this, although the wood will need some soaking.

The back area is now full of soil and actually provided quite a large area to plant so I’m Rey pleased with that.
Thank will be visible from two sides and I really like the ‘cliff edge’ look from right hand view.

A1C955F6-DDC2-4383-92D7-6749952D478D.jpeg
97AD0949-C916-46A1-A056-72C9DAFCAFA8.jpeg
8D0C21A4-6F38-40DE-A6E6-3624831A678F.jpeg
2DF3AB36-EE0C-401F-B245-3CD8F87566F5.jpeg

I'm not a scape artist at all , but how about having large bit wood on back glass, in upright position might sort of look like the roots reaching over the stones? or rising the back end slightly might give the same illusion, looks good is well the way it is, if I'm talking rubbish forget I mention anything ;)

It really looks like solid aquascape I haven't been able to achieve yet. I really like the sand in tanks, though its not best for plants, the effect is always better than soil.
IMHO, I think Cubes are more difficult to scape. Also, that frosted back wall is cool. Is that DIY or ADA delivered?

I'm not a scape artist at all , but how about having large bit wood on back glass, in upright position might sort of look like the roots reaching over the stones? or rising the back end slightly might give the same illusion, looks good is well the way it is, if I'm talking rubbish forget I mention anything ;)

Thank you for input mate, tbh the wood is soaking and I want to roots to establish before I start trying to place wood, also not sure on the moss to go with on the wood so a little stuck at the moment

It really looks like solid aquascape I haven't been able to achieve yet. I really like the sand in tanks, though its not best for plants, the effect is always better than soil.
IMHO, I think Cubes are more difficult to scape. Also, that frosted back wall is cool. Is that DIY or ADA delivered?

Sorry the tank came from Ryan Thang and is only a film, I can only assume it isn’t Ada, although I have not seen there ore frosted tanks to know for sure.

Hi all,

Could someone please help me with this, I ordered the rock from Aquarium Gardens.
I ordered Millennium stone, it is identical to my Seiryu Stone,

Feel free to tell me other wise but here is some comparison below. Only a couple of bits i had handy but there is a ton left over of both stone, and honestly there is only one or 2 pieces that do have a more distinct pattern, similar to the picture on the website but the rest MUST be Seiryu stone...

2nd picture is 2 pieces pushed together.

72570BA5-F4FA-46F6-9DE9-1DE137902E69.png 62698052-135E-4109-9991-F31C46FC239C.png

Hi guys,

Currently having some signs on the leaves that would make me believe I may have a Nitrogen deficiency.
Browning and die back on the tips on the older leaves with slight yellowing of the same leaves to the stem. Picture attached below details.

My current dosing is based on the following EI.

500ml (tap water)
4 tps Potassium Nirtrate
1 tps Postassium Phosphate
6 tps Magnesium Sulfate
1.5 tsp Potassium Sulfate
E202 & E300

I dose 3ml per day

500ml (tap water)
CSM+B sashay - Total of this sashay was 10g and is broken down into the following;
Fe - 7.80% Mn - 2.00% B - 1.40% Zn - 0.40% Cu - 0.10% Mo - 0.06% E202 & E300 (EDTA Chelated)

I dose 0.7ml per day

Now I do have an old bottle of Aqua Rebell 'Makro Spezial N' i have been dosing this @ 0.7ml per day also.
I can add a break down for this fertiliser if needed?

other details that may help.
weekly 50% water changes with 50/50 tap and ro water.
Co2 on 24/7 with diffuser under outlet (nothing other than plants in tank currently and waiting on drop checker fluid)
Filter is 700lph but via lilly pipes BUT good circulation through tank with most leaves moving.

Any help appreciated.

57A6A3DB-FDD8-4649-9F92-7927D29341EA.jpeg 2C58F484-990D-466D-980E-F7053B65CA9C.jpeg

Could this be a potassium deficiency and i should ad another 0.5 tsp to my mix as the range is given at 1-2 tsp.

Thanks

Upping the ferts and bringing the light schedule down,
Will also order an in-line diffuser.

What is the light schedule and intensity?
(I’m guessing ADA Aquasky original)

What plants and source?
When were they planted?

(I always wonder if what people are seeing within the first weeks is deficiency vs transplant shock/leaf transition)
Are you seeing healthy new growth, or is this mostly previous leaf/growth which is showing changes?

A FTS would be nice

What are water parameters - GH KH pH
By your EI solution calculations, what ppm nitrate, phosphate, potassium are you adding?

Sorry just a lot of questions

hi mate,

no no wories abput all the questions.

I guess the honest asnwer is i have no idea.
ive been in the hobby for years, and i think im ready to bow out.

i dont know how to find out how much PPM i have added nore my GH KH or accurate PH.

thanks for you interest alto, i wouldnt waste much more time on this thread as itll be the last time i check in other than to sell this kit

That’s a shame but hopefully you’ll find other hobbies that do excite and hold your interest

hi mate,

no no wories abput all the questions.

I guess the honest asnwer is i have no idea.
ive been in the hobby for years, and i think im ready to bow out.

i dont know how to find out how much PPM i have added nore my GH KH or accurate PH.

thanks for you interest alto, i wouldnt waste much more time on this thread as itll be the last time i check in other than to sell this kit
Aw no man, shame to hear. Plants can be a nightmare and make you tear your hair out.
Did you boil the 500ml tap water and let it cool before mixing?
Have you taken this down or kept it running?
Cheerio,

Back