• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 30c The Joans Tank

I guess the honest asnwer is i have no idea.
ive been in the hobby for years, and i think im ready to bow out.

i dont know how to find out how much PPM i have added nore my GH KH or accurate PH.
No time to give up, look at me an oldie that just came back life too ;)

It's pretty simple to find out how much ppm you are dosing into the tank per week.

There is a great calculator here: https://rotalabutterfly.com/nutrient-calculator.php

Enter your tank size, DIY and Solution based.

"I am calculating for:" use results of my dose and type in quantities it will give you how much each dose adds to the tank, times is by 7 and see if you are adding the weekly recomendations!

Also always best to use grams rather than spoons! always more accurate and a a miligram scale only costs £8 on Amazon! ;)

Also you are adding E202 & E300 to the solution already so why not mix the traces with it? Thats the whole idea!

Hi everyone

Thanks for the support, my sulking has passed now haha!
I have kept the tank going but gone back to my pre mixed store bought stuff and things are going great so will just keep with what works.

The red is coming through very nice on the new growth of Reineckii Mini and the hair grass has gone pretty wild! Staury is transferring well too....BUT!! The Pogo isn’t playing ball at all.

It may get gone and be replaced with Roatala Wallichi and A few other stems, I’m already wishing I had a 60p

gone back to my pre mixed store bought stuff and things are going great so will just keep with what works.
I am heavily in favour of pre mixed especially for busy people. No one wants to measure micrograms of this and that during a busy life. ;)

I am heavily in favour of pre mixed especially for busy people. No one wants to measure micrograms of this and that during a busy life. ;)
Takes 5 minutes :p excuses

Hi everyone

Thanks for the support, my sulking has passed now haha!
I have kept the tank going but gone back to my pre mixed store bought stuff and things are going great so will just keep with what works.

The red is coming through very nice on the new growth of Reineckii Mini and the hair grass has gone pretty wild! Staury is transferring well too....BUT!! The Pogo isn’t playing ball at all.

It may get gone and be replaced with Roatala Wallichi and A few other stems, I’m already wishing I had a 60p

Couldn't blame you for feeling like bowing out.
The past few months have been stressful enough without having to deal with plant deficiencies :banghead:

Glad to hear your over the hump

Fil

Hi guys
I’m going to have a proper read tonight and reply
To everyone but I’ve had some major quick die back the past 3 days, nothing changed but have a look! This was after a trim where everything seems really healthy and then this!! The Staury in that patch has completely melted and died, all other stems and even the HG new grows OK but old growth just melting

Thanks

Attachments

• 25ECB54F-5F56-4923-8A0D-B23AC1E8653C.jpeg
    25ECB54F-5F56-4923-8A0D-B23AC1E8653C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 156
I’ve had to rip out a whole area of planting, so odd, things have been going great then this wave of algae and that dead zone in the middle.

I know it doesn’t look it but the difference between that area and the other plants is really big, the patch was completely melted! I must of got something in the tank by accident that just killed that area!

Guys and gals

this tank is being given another life!
Some bits purchased for its revival

Attachments

• E0C456FB-55F7-48EC-AEE5-2409749FBE6D.jpeg
    E0C456FB-55F7-48EC-AEE5-2409749FBE6D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
Back