• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 45F

Have had this 45F lying around for quite some time, and have always wanted to do a shallow scape but never got around to it. I'd quite like to do a simple blackwater thing but as this will be my only running tank so I'm tempted to go fully planted.

I'm thinking a Colorado sand/reddish sand foreground, and emergent growth in the background with stems and hydrocotyle tripartita. Lots of moss too.

Let me know what you think - I just put this together quickly. I really need to change up my style at some point, but today is not that day...

There are two slightly different options, I think the first one seems more balance but also too cluttered. Although I'm not too fussed about the composition on this one, I'm looking for quite a wild look anyway.

Tank: ADA 45F
Filter: Eheim 2211
Light: Bipotopia UK LED
Co2: CO2 art reg

View attachment 131477 View attachment 131471 View attachment 131472
I like it, i would maybe bring some rocks forward so not all in straight line but little tinkering and will be a good little scape.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Whilst I’d normally completely agree with Dean, in this case I’m wondering if the rock in the back left (which would prevent planting in this location) might be best on the right hand side in line with the other three. This would create a layout where you could have a cosmetic sand foreground and planted aquasoil to the rear behind the stone line. See this tank for what I’m thinking...

Whilst I’d normally completely agree with Dean, in this case I’m wondering if the rock in the back left (which would prevent planting in this location) might be best on the right hand side in line with the other three. This would create a layout where you could have a cosmetic sand foreground and planted aquasoil to the rear behind the stone line. See this tank for what I’m thinking...
Actually i agree after looking didnt notice that stone earlier but have to agree bringing that to the right and sand in front, i have been thinking about this type of layout for a while.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back