• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 45p Celestial Cove

FJK_12

My ADA 45p - Celestial Cove.

The original idea was to use driftwood with moss to create a triangular shape with archway/cove with carpeting parts within. Worked out well I believe. And as I wanted the CPDs shoal inside the cove :)

If I were to start again I would have not gone for sand in the front and a carpet instead. Perhaps a slightly different wood layout as its looks a little unnatural to me sometimes. Perhaps sloping from left to right instead as well.

Unfortunately due to time constraints with breaking it down and not owning a camera means the final shot was rushed with equipment inside. No expert as well with a camera so a bit blurry too. Also fish not shoaling nicely in it! It probably reflects the tank at a 8/10 state. Im happy and proud with it though.

Final full tank shot:
Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 19.23.45.png

Title:

Celestial Cove

Dimensions:

ADA 45p

CO2:

Pressurised, starts 3hr before lights on and finish 1hr before lights off. Inline atomiser

Filtration:

Eheim 2211

Lights:

LED from Biotopia

Photo Period: [12pm - 8pm]

Fertilisation:

Complete Liquid Plant Food

Substrate:

Amazonia + La Plata

Hardscape:

Seriyu stone + Spider wood

Flora:
Limnophila aromatica
Staurogyne repens
Hydrocotyle tripartita
Weeping moss

Fauna:
Porkchop Rasbora
Celestial Pearl Danio
Cherry Shrimp

Some better photography:

Last edited:
What a lovely scape! Looks really lush. I think the sand works well, very Amanoesque.

Is there an AquascapeSoc at your Uni? Maybe you should found one. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a lovely scape! Looks really lush. I think the sand works well, very Amanoesque.

Is there an AquascapeSoc at your Uni? Maybe you should found one. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the compliments!

You need 25 interested people to set up a society at my uni, so unfortunately am up against it if I tried to set one up! Not sure how many people are interested in aquascaping in my age group tbh. I am also running another society myself atm and it is a whole lot of work haha - I may try and garner some interest next academic year however!

Last edited:
Back