• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60fs Last Chance

To be honest if you was to use just normal plain agricultural glass and you get a good enough and clean seal with a 'clear'
silicone , then It doesn't look to bad at all :)
Cheers

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

so you think superclear is the way to go, still just thinking about it but think will get ordered before crimbo as want a great and larger deeper tank, love the shallow tanks but love the deeper tanks as so much can be done with them and so much more scope, ordered eheim skim 350 and arrived today do most people leave on constant or just set on times to work 5 mins daily etc ?

also what's everyone's opinions on colours of the NA aquariums I quite like the gloss black and does anyone know if they are solid wood and not just plywood

Thanks dean

How is the current tank mate ??
You should be seeing a lot of new growth everyday really ,
In theory a smaller tank is Easier to maintain , you could almost do 75% daily water changes with no sweat ,
if I was you if crack the current set up you have before spending larger amounts of money on a new scape , my opinion of coarse :)
That's what I would do I would master the one you have get that looking healthy learn from that,
once your able to maintain a healthy set up then that's the time to put the £££ in :)
That's my plan anyways

Cheers

cheers mate and I totally agree if you look on last page I updated yesterday saying have algae but found bps dropped right down so that may be why, I have upped them again now ;) off for 12 days to keep an eye out now, I know mate just trying so hard just want a stunning tank, the shallow tank looses gas easier I think and just looking to the future as I know I will buy a larger tank eventually and master it all prices going up next year quite a bit :nailbiting: but like you say want to get this one growing crazy first, if you look at the last page vid think my co2 is high enough lol ? thanks for support so far aswel mate

Dean

I definitely think your on the right track now just keep up the water changes and keep pumping that co2 in, algae etc can take a few weeks to turn around so dont get disheartened

With the bigger tank have you thought about going low tech ? Less water changes and as you can see from the likes of Alastair and tom low tech stunners can be achieved

Mark

My Eheim 350 is timed to come on and off with the lights to give a bit of extra flow (and a lovely sparkling surface to look at). It's up to you though, if you need the flow you can leave it on all the time, it can only help if you get it in the right position.

Interesting. I've gone from a 2 ft deep tank to a 40 cm deep much easier to maintain and I found the cube hard on the back after a hr messing. :)

only thing is I already have plenty of flow but like said before can you not have too much flow ? thanks mark checked ph this morning at 11.00 co2 just comes on and ph 7.9 and at 12.00 6.3 so significant drop might leave eheim on for hours like you say james, no mad rush for larger tanks just panicked as prices going up quite a bit :eek: but suppose plenty other manufactures out there so might wait a little longer and see how this goes, doing water change every other day at 80-90 % and clean glass and rocks and wood while on

Thanks dean

Try poseidons palace. Made in the UK to your spec, at a very good price

Ive got a sneaky suspension hes no longer in business, I could be completely wrong but that's the rumour

like I say just worries me about the price rise as I now know I want a larger tank and nice stand in the near future and don't want to pay an extra £100-200 I want an all in one including tank and stand so think will be NA and they look great, would like to have this tank looking great first just not seeing the growth, I know repens are slow growing but none at all hopefully ali can send me few plants so I can see how they do, would you put the eheim skim rear left near the repens and is it ok if flow very strong ?

Thanks dean

The repens in my tank mate grows the quickest by far and I'm always trimming it back .
Every week I'm topping them .
They also seem to be fine in strong flow , maybe that's why they grow so quick is because the flow is strongest in that area ,
Cheers

Yeah Ian emailed them anyway asking a few questions but no reply back as yet, also I know mate I am not seeing any fast growth even with massive amounts of co2 I am pumping into the tank do t want to add another 12 w bulb as will be too much and already have algae will keep up water changes just so sick as been on for a year or so and always had this problem but been on and off, and I suppose I could buy now and set up next year lol would have to buy new light and filter etc anyway so would have to buy something different every month but try sort this mess out before purchase,

p.s overdosing doesn't cause algae am I right in thinking that's correct ? and you think rear left for position for eheim skim

Thanks Dean

Ei dosing is basically overdosing our tanks :)

What substrate do you have now dude ??

Hey, yes the prices are going up from Jan 1014 and thats because the crysis is just about to hit UK:mad: What happened in the rest of the EU last year is just about to come. If you really want a optiwhite or clearglass tank I suggest Aquatic Design Centre just call them and they will give u a quote for your size of tank. The silicone job is awesome judging from what I saw in the shop. If you are really crazy about ADA / NA go for it. I wold go for smaller ADA like 60-p is is tyhe best PRICE for SIZE tank in the TGM shop. Also very close to the golden ratio regarding dimentions of the tank. You have Do Aqua option as well but no optiwhite unfortunately. Hope that will help.;)

Back