• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60P - nature aquarium

That is a serious beer!!!! worth of a premium scaper!
I have decided to dim my 600E because it was too much light? do you have it full intensity?

That is a serious beer!!!! worth of a premium scaper!
I have decided to dim my 600E because it was too much light? do you have it full intensity?

Haha, too many beers to taste for one life..super bock is a good one, perfect for summertime.

I have it on full because I don't have any dimmer to go with, honestly this is my first twinstar led and I find it not so powerful in comparaison to the chihiros RGB and A-series...seems good to me, lovely colors too!

So, day 1, here we go;

180323085644908659.jpg

Anyway. Your wood work is really good! really like it! Feels natural and refreshing!
It is also nice to have pebbles for a change. Already too much of Japanese rocks.
I'll be following!

Well, thank you very Much. :oops:

In situ pic, sorry for the bad phone quality, will take out my olympus next Time...

180327071028339749.jpg

Everything is going fine, some fungus on Wood and some melting on C.parva and Elatine Hydropiper...no algae yet. 20% WC every 3 to 4 days. 6hours lightning period

Cheers

One week old:

Elatine hydropiper has died, typical transition period from in vitro pot...not much to worry about:
180401045731236376.jpg

Some physa marmotata snail are coming from plants..well they are good algae eaters:
180401045728675232.jpg

news plantlets from hydrocotyle verticillata and marsilea crenata:
180401045712329936.jpg

180401045731137797.jpg

Cheers

Nice, you got some Pink Galaxy Ramshorns. Their Feet look so nice with all the gold sparkles on them.

Thanks guys.

Major diatom outbreak, anubia and bucephalandra are still melting (including rhizome)...hard times but slow growth of the other plants.

Amano at work and bottom details pic;

180412015725633871.jpg

Cheers

I feel your pain with the buce / anubias melt, do you think its high ammonia that causes the melt, that is assuming your tank is cycling?

I feel your pain with the buce / anubias melt, do you think its high ammonia that causes the melt, that is assuming your tank is cycling?

I don't think so, I've put in some anubia pangolino and new buces last week from another store and they seem OK yet, we'll see

Maybe first batch of plant was shipped when it was too cold outside? Strange as the other plants from same batch seems ok?

I'm starting to wonder If the fungus on the river Wood causes the anubias and buce rhizome to melt?

I don't think so, I've put in some anubia pangolino and new buces last week from another store and they seem OK yet, we'll see

Maybe first batch of plant was shipped when it was too cold outside? Strange as the other plants from same batch seems ok?

I'm starting to wonder If the fungus on the river Wood causes the anubias and buce rhizome to melt?

I guess melt is a mystery, I transfered some buce / anubias from one of my established tanks (pretty much same water parameters) to my 5ft tank and they started to melt after I added the wood, which was growing fungus, and the melt was mainly around areas where the plants touched the wood. I also added liquid ammonia around the same time to check if tank had cycled so I was thinking it was the slight ammonia (2ppm) spike that caused some melt. I removed the wood as it was to busy with the wood but now you have me thinking the fungus could have caused some of the melt.

Last edited:
Thanks for you feedback, any other experiences with Wood fungus and anubia/buce melting guys?

It could be that...Time will tell

Had to make an Diy filter guard for my stainless steel pipe (this thing killed 3 of my ramshorns snails... :()

Melting is ok for now, diatoms is getting better, got some gba under control on my eriocaulon...seems not to grow, hope it continues this way

Some pics:
180416044851380311.jpg

180416044850408979.jpg

18041604485280496.jpg

Back