• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60P Petite Amazon!

SKYE.__.HIGH

Hey everyone, hope this helps someone out there

Specs

Tank- ADA 60P
——————————————————
Filter-Eheim 2215 (upgraded impeller)
——————————————————
Light- Chihiros A-Series 60cm
——————————————————
Hardscape- spider wood, fireplace stone
——————————————————
Misc-heater 50 Watts, soon to be swapped for the smallest hydro inline

Chihiros Doctor Algae inhibitor (they work very well in my experience) installed behind hardscape
——————————————————
Flora - We went with low tech for now but might add co2 to fill everything in quicker

Anubis nana
Bolbitis “mini”
Weeping moss
Red crypts (lol)
Green crypts (lol)
Crypt Parva
Couple stems of pearl weed
Blyxa Japonica
Needle leaf java fern
—————————————————-
“Substrate”
Generally I think of substrate as soil but this is not soil, this is ADA La Plata sand. Just bought two small bags

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
Anyway, this was a very fast tank build, as in we bought everything in about 30 minutes including the fish. Yes everything that I’ve learned about this hobby says patience and planning is best. Well I didn’t follow anything I promised to do for my tank. Luckily this is not “my” tank. I found an ADA 60P on Craigslist, 6 months old, no scratches literally nothing. And a nice archae stand (think I spelled it right). Best part was it was all less than the tank brand new

Sorry I was in a rush and I had no time to take photos in the process.

Hope you like it!

b5234d63b3d75d572fdf610121716930.jpg
f2c7822dfa4cb88ceea92f43b719f315.jpg
ddec526a4583697ae88bf41bfd7f4dc4.jpg

Last edited:
If someone could PM a mod and ask for them to change this thread to say (Petite Amazon) after ADA 60P that would be awesome, or you could just tell me who a mod is.

Cheers, skye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone could PM a mod and ask for them to change this thread to say (Petite Amazon) after ADA 60P that would be awesome, or you could just tell me who a mod is.

Cheers, skye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good, if you click "thread tools" up the top right next to "watch thread" you can rename the thread.

I like your roots, could be even better if you move it to the left IMHO.

Curious to see the growth rate without soil

I like your roots, could be even better if you move it to the left IMHO.

Curious to see the growth rate without soil

I think your right, I want to add a little more room as well for my rummy nose tetras, if I open up that area it should allow them more back and forth room.
I hope it grows in fast, I’m only going to have co2 on this tank for another 4 months or so, hopefully it ends up with an impressive display of grass, ferns and Anubis. Along with moss covered branches it should look pretty good, I need to find myself a better camera, iPhones suck ):

Alright here’s the 3 week update I do believe

125c347776d4d111f9180028b276a98a.jpg

I added a needle leaf java fern and a little more fissidens. I also got 15 rummynose tetras! Along with 5 amano shrimp and a couple Assassin snails to get rid of the pests. I trimmed the moss three days ago so it’s definitely growing.
Hope y’all like it

Nice but these rummynose are big for this tank

Is that so, Hmmm, I thought that 20 gallons was a fine space fro them (this is 17gallons) the reason why thought it would be fine is that they swim behind the driftwood as well as in front of it so they have more swimming room than meets the eye. As far as water conditions go they should be spot on and I am always on top of WC’s.

Kind of have to agree that 2ft is to small for rummynose, if you ever seem them in a big 6ft tank you really notice just how much they like to swim, I would say 4ft would be the min length.

Kind of have to agree that 2ft is to small for rummynose, if you ever seem them in a big 6ft tank you really notice just how much they like to swim, I would say 4ft would be the min length.

Well, I guess we will have to move them after all ): I guess we will just leave these guys in there until my 65 gallon is setup, the plan was to cycle the filter on this tank while running co2 to fill it out (and enjoy the livestock) but then transfer them back to my 120-p once we set that tank up. The plan fell through when my mom fell in love with my rummy nose lol. Well I guess I get my rummys back (there will be a school of 40 - 50). Any other suggestions that aren’t to hard to find for very tight schoolers for a tank of this size? I was thinking harlequin rasboras? Cories are already going to be added so don’t fret :)

I would look into Hengeli rasboras rather than Harlequin, Hengeli are a bit smaller and stay small, I have seen some really big Harlequins. Other options, Ember Tetra's, Green Neon, Galaxy Rasboras, Dwarf Rasboras along with the many other tiny rasbora species (chilis etc) for a 2ft tank try find a fish that doesnt get much bigger than 1inch

Rasbora espei, kubotai, simulans...as doyle said, many choices under 1 inch

I would look into Hengeli rasboras rather than Harlequin, Hengeli are a bit smaller and stay small, I have seen some really big Harlequins. Other options, Ember Tetra's, Green Neon, Galaxy Rasboras, Dwarf Rasboras along with the many other tiny rasbora species (chilis etc) for a 2ft tank try find a fish that doesnt get much bigger than 1inch

Rasbora espei, kubotai, simulans...as doyle said, many choices under 1 inch

Alright thanks for the suggestions guys, these guys don’t look to bad in here right now but I don’t want them to be confined forever. It will probably take another 3 months maybe even 4 before they go into the 4 ft tank.

Back