• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shinobi

Hardscape.JPG
Hey guys! been lurking for a while now, thought it'd be my turn to take on an high-tech aquascape and would appreciate your comments and inputs as it goes along. Please excuse my bad English /:
what we have so far:
ADA 60p.
JBL 901 Cristalprofi filter.
inline Hydor 200w heater.
Chihiros A-series 601 Plus.
Random CO2 kit with Tropica diffuser and PH-controller.

Layout is made with:
Redmoor wood.
some unnamed Rock type from LFS(?)
ADA amazonia powder
ADA powersand special S.

upcoming plants:
2x Fissidens fontanus
  • 3x Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba' (1-2-grow)
  • 1x Riccia fluitans (1-2-grow)
  • 1x Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
  • 1x Rotala rotundifolia (1-2-grow)
  • 2x Microsorum pteropus 'Narrow'
So far i am considering this; for my final hardscape
please feel free to drop inputs, comments or ideas :)

Regards from Denmark!

looks good, I think the stone is seiryu stone, I am setting up a 45p with the same lighting and substrate combo (power S and amazonia powder) ... just waiting on delivery to Australia (so I will be waiting awhile!)

As of day 6 - everything seems to be doing just fine. kept a 30-50% water change schedule daily so far. The Rotala in the background i slowly starting to show. Also HC has already shown visible growth and is pearling nicely during light time, thanks to the wonderful Chihiros lights i guess :) thinking of adding a few Amano shrimp tomorrow, although no visible algea as of now :)
pearling.JPG

Day 8:
starting to double down on the daily waterchange. Considered adding some Amano, but NO2 levels were at 0.8 so have to check back in a weeks time.
So far everything looks good, even the Fissidens is slowly starting to take form insted of just looking like straped up tots of feathers XD (it still kinda does)
dag8.2.JPG
Only algea is on the diffuser so far:
dag8.4.JPG
1-2-grow Rotala rotundifolia getting some lenght:
dag8.3.JPG
Fullshot:

dag8.JPG

Looks beautiful. Are you happy with the Chihiros light? I've not planted up my tank yet but it's a similar setup to yours with the JBL filter, Chihiros LED, pressurized CO2, Hydor inline

Looks beautiful. Are you happy with the Chihiros light? I've not planted up my tank yet but it's a similar setup to yours with the JBL filter, Chihiros LED, pressurized CO2, Hydor inline

So far I have been more than pleased with the substantial growth it already has promoted, not only on the stems but at the HC as well in a relatively short amount of time. Not to say; value wise, this thing is simply beyond. The build quality, the included stand, the power supply with a dimmer!, and the amount of light it produces (9600lm) for that amount of money is simply amazing. My only critique should be that it is a little on the cold side colourwise, but that can't possibly come as an surprise at 8000klvn - All in all I would recommend it to anybody who plans on doing a high light tank without busting budget :)

I am considering adding some Hydrocotyle on the left side of the tank and try to get i attached to the wood - but if anyone got another idea I would love to hear it? also would love to have some Bucephalandra in the shadows but I cant seem to find that plant anywhere here in Denmark, except for the "wavy green" varriant Tropica sells - and i would really love me some of that deep purple O:

Also slight green hair algea i starting to show on the Fissidens - anyone got any suggestions to combat it?

Sounds good.
I just trimmed my Hydrocotyle tripartita and threw out a lot - it is really growing fast. If you can wait a couple of weeks you can have some from me if you are interested.
I have been looking for some buce as well; I have been thinking about trying to order it from some other country.

Sounds good.
I just trimmed my Hydrocotyle tripartita and threw out a lot - it is really growing fast. If you can wait a couple of weeks you can have some from me if you are interested.
I have been looking for some buce as well; I have been thinking about trying to order it from some other country.
Hey Jesper :D
I would love to have some if you are just throwing them out anyway :D
I've just written an E-mail to the development manager at Tropica asking if they have any plans on expanding with varietes of Bucephalandre any time soon. But I would certainly be interested in buying some online as well, since it is "the one" plant i'm really missing in my setup :D

Hey Jesper :D
I would love to have some if you are just throwing them out anyway :D
I've just written an E-mail to the development manager at Tropica asking if they have any plans on expanding with varietes of Bucephalandre any time soon. But I would certainly be interested in buying some online as well, since it is "the one" plant i'm really missing in my setup :D
Cool, lets check out some online sources, and I write you when I have some Hydrocotyle

Back