• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60p, talawa land

That soil to sand transition at the front came out really well!
- planned :wideyed: or fortuitous ;)

Great photos as always

Thanks guys, And merry Xmas to All of you! :thumbup:

2 weeks update:

18122304050385372.jpg

I love that tropica soil, only 2 WC from the start and no algae. (Way better than the Ada that need daily WC...IMO):cool:

Ammonia spike is gone so fish to come in soon. (Used cycled filter media)

Good general growth.

Cheers!:)

Very nice work!
Yes its more forgiving than ada! Its better to use purigen and at least water changes day after day to be on the safe side with amazonia!

Again, very nice work!

Love the growth :happy:

Tropica Soil is very forgiving ;)

Yeah sure, and I'm on the Lazy side so better for my usage...I used tropica nutrition capsules to avoid using ferts for the first 2-3 months.

This will look great when grown in.

Thanks Marc, I hope so!

Very nice work!
Yes its more forgiving than ada! Its better to use purigen and at least water changes day after day to be on the safe side with amazonia!

Again, very nice work!

Many thanks Fred, I love tropica soil, had used it before and always had great results. it does need to dose ferts sooner than the ada amazonia but no algae problem at the beginning.

In my last setup I've used ada amazonia only and i had a LOT of algae for the first 2 months (diatoms, bga, gda, filamentous etc...)...this was very annoying.

Cheers

Don’t know what they are but great looking fish.

Don’t know what they are but great looking fish.

Hemigrammus filamentosus aka phoenix tetra; here's the dominant male;

181229030200526818.jpg

They're very active, constantly sparring and searching for food, they don't get bigger than 3-4cm. I plan to get 10 of them for my tank, more would be too much as they are very good swimmers.

Cheers!

190103054552556158.jpg

Happy new year guys!:cool:

All the fishes are in, I transfered my ottos and my h.roseus from their quarantine tank, they seems very happy and goes well with the H.filamentosus.

Tank is stocked, plants are ok, still no algae, hope it stays that easy for 2019!:cigar:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Happy New Year.
Tank looks great, I think currently it is hiding plenty going on behind the wood and when that grows it will be even better :thumbup:
Looks spotless though and love the graded gravel detail.
Cheerio

Happy New Year.
Tank looks great, I think currently it is hiding plenty going on behind the wood and when that grows it will be even better :thumbup:
Looks spotless though and love the graded gravel detail.
Cheerio

Thanks Ady, and yes, something is hiding behind that Wood...evil rotala invasion! :twisted:

190103023442225288.jpg

My scissors are ready :p

And the fishes;

1901030918306354.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Love these type of shots, shows just the plant mass that is ready to enhance the scape.

I really love the colours and textures in this tank

Got a tank bench? ;)

Fortunately you can choose one trim shape and then easily change :)
(I’ll admit I prefer angular lines over the dome shape)

Back