• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60p, talawa land

Either will look great but the dome will work better with the equipment location.
It’s great to see the stems and the colours and tbh the lines the plants are taking now look good.
Cheerio,

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

Quick iphone 5 pic, tank is doing fine, dosing liquid carbon and brighty K daily. About 30% WC per week and that's All.

Will soon start dosing some micros and P to help rotalas red coloration!

H.tripartita is growing crazy;
190117072048739488.jpg

Cheers

Filling in really nicely, hydrocotle looks great between the wood and is a nice transition to the foreground planting mc/hc?
Cheerio,

;)
Filling in really nicely, hydrocotle looks great between the wood and is a nice transition to the foreground planting mc/hc?
Cheerio,

That was my goal, making an hydrocotyle 'path' from front to back, the only complaint is that it need weekly trimming to avoid global invasion! :D

Btw, foreground plant is HCC, slower growing than MC but smaller so better scale in this small tank. ;)

Hi there,

Tank is 5 weeks now, and this is the third Time I trim the stems to get compact growth.

Everything is Ok, have changed my ferts from Ada to Vimi, let's see how it goes.

Still 6h30 of light per day. CO2 24/7 lime green.

Fishes are very active and seems happy too, I plan to add some filamentosus and otos to the schoal. Thinking about adding one zebra nerite snail to help cleaning gsa on glass and buces.

Tank has a new location on the living room as the light was an bit too much in the evening, now I've got to arrange this new corner with healthier indoor plants!
190131023201630820.jpg

Cheers!

I've heard that Horned Nerite Snails are less likely to lay eggs than Zebra Nerites. They are impressive algae consumers and you should get more than 1, maybe 3-5.

Thanks but I already use these in the past (zebra and horned nerite, clithon corona sp too), they all layed eggs...

That's why I only want to try one at a time, if it doesn't lay eggs after several weeks, I'll add others....otherwise it will go to my spare tank.:D;)

Hi there,

Got myself 2 clithons snails and 6 cute corydoras hastarus to help me cleaning the sand part and the gsa, sorry for the bad pics;
190204103413243606.jpg

190204103413783454.jpg

190204103414103848.jpg

Hc carpet seems to like the new ferts:

190204103414331469.jpg

:facepalm::dead::confused::meh:Today was an sad sh***y day, just found 3 of my 6 young corys dead in the eheim skim.

Solution (thanks raquascape):

190205060128837313.jpg

I was stupid not doing this BEFoRE...

Ahh, sorry to hear that CooKieS :(

So sorry to hear that cookies :( The skimmers are death traps!

Glad to see you using the mesh technique, I take no credit however, I first saw the technique used by George Farmer and Dave at Aquarium Gardens :D

I don't know how you manage to keep the floating part afloat? Evertime I try what you have done the floating portion just sinks under water :(

Don't let the loss get you down, we all learn from mistakes!

Take it easy,
Ra

Hi there,

Small update;

190212041002306334.jpg

The last 3 corys are OK since I modded the skimmer.

I added 2 clithons snails that are cleaning gsa like no others, awesome to see, hope they won't lay eggs everywhere.

I added some blue tigers shrimps with orange eyes too, unfortunately they go out only at night, they don't seem very confortable with All the fishes!

Tank needs an trim, maybe next week...

Cheers
Thierry

Back