• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60p, the trunk

CooKieS

Let’s play :)

200303090402415997.jpg

Awesome! I've always loved the idea of a trunk scape.... Maybe i'll attempt one some day!

Looking forward to following along! Nice job! :thumbup:

30minutes later...realised that it would be nice to upgrade my 60p for something deeper, but no money for that yet so...trunk v2.0...

200303112608310569.jpg

Do like the second version but the first one is a winner for me. Find it very interesting to look at.

Do like the second version but the first one is a winner for me. Find it very interesting to look at.

Thanks Paul, first version wasn’t even scaped, just put the wood in my sandbox and realized that it was too big for my tank, but that would look nice in a 40x40x40cm cube tank for example. :)
Nice bit of wood :) Do you have any plans for the flora and overall design of the scape?

Will you be sticking to mosses/ferns and keeping the substrate sandy?

Do you have any different sized rocks that will add some more variety and perspective to the scape?

I plan to reuse the left side of my actual scape which is full of stems and Mc. The right side will be more ferns oriented...foreground will be sand but with gravel and marsilea mixed with some other carpeting plants.

I plan to use smaller stones to add detail and perspective too. ;)

hi
amazing piece of wood. lucky you. where did you find that?

i really like the 1st layout too but the 2nd one like you said if the tank was deeper that will look amazing.

cheers
ryan

Thanks Ryan, found it on my fav online lfs, they call it tree forest wood, it’s heavy and looks solid, I wonder if it sink directly, I’ll have to try in my bathtub. ;)

Here’s the v2.1

200304112131441515.jpg
mate im glad you rescape it. it look so much better. i love the way you lay your rock look like the wood has been grown on with the rock.

i was going to say something like maybe move the rocks around or add smaller pieces but i didn't want to be rude.

by the look of it it look like it going to be a epic layout. can't wait for the real layout

cheers
ryan

Thanks for the kind words Ryan, don’t worry about details, it’s very early days and the scape is far from what I have in mind at the moment. ;)

The wood is now in a big bucket of water, let’s see how many days it will take to sink...:rolleyes:

Looks great i am really looking forward to seeing this one develp.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate,

I bought an second hand 60x40cm stand so it seems this scape will get bigger soon :)

Glad you like it guys, thanks. :)

Lovestock seems to like it more too; more swimming space for the fishes, lot of biofilm to graze on for ottos and shrimps, I’m happy. :)

I had to increase the power of my vivid 2 to 70% as the led is now 25cm far from the water surface, let’s see how it turns out for the plants. ;)

Edit: sand cleaning, gravel added, and some tweaking + Better pic;
20033001454510306.jpg

Last edited:
Back