• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Amazonia running out of nutrients?

jkh13

I noticed my hermianthus carpet has been withering a bit lately, it is forming string clumps without the bushy compact leaves it used to be. I suspect the Amazonia substrate has run its course as it has been there over 2 years now without additions. Can anyone recommend any root tabs or supplements I can use which will help the hermianthus carpet? I am already dosing TNC complete daily + CO2 gas.

Hello,
You'd be better off suspecting a fault in your CO2/flow/distribution rather than Amazonia, especially if you are already dosing TNC. The symptoms you describe have nothing to do with nutrients and everything to do with CO2.

Cheers,

Haven't done a PH profile recently, I need a PH pen for this right?

Tank is 36L, filter is Eheim classic 250 (440Lph rated). I will update with some images in a second. I had a bad outbreak of string algae/BBA earlier in the year as well but seems to be mostly under control now, some remnants of black beard left but doesn't seem to be growing more.

elongated growth suggest co2 issues

Back