• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Aquasoil Amazonia, how much depth?

Vito

Im currently setting up my Juwel rio 125 with ADA AS and Order two 9l bags and one 3l because its better to have more than need moor any way I have been trying to set up the hardscape today and I am pleased with it but i only used one 9l bag and half of the other, so I still have a fair bit left, my only concern is that ADA recommend 9l for 60l aquarium, mine is double that, dose the substrate compress once water is added??

The current depth is 3cm at front and slope to 6-7cm at the back, what do you guys think?

im going to be only planting carpeting plants such as hc and hairgrass and maybe something taller right at the back if that helps....

Thanks

Vito. :D

aaronnorth said:
It doesnt matter how deep it is (as long as the plants will stay in), the roots will move about in the dead spots, Tom Barr slpoed it up to 1 foot in depth on the large 1600g he did!

Oh I see, I was just wondering because of the substrate is im small balls form, over time if it breaks down will the overall layout of the substrate eventually flatten out, im just a bit confused as to ehy ADA would recomend soo much substrate. in the long run will it effect me if i dont go buy their guidlines?

I just want to be sure before I add water...

thanks again.

Back