• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Forgotten World Aquascape

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
This slightly different take on an aquascape looks like fun. ‘Forgotten World’...a Jurassic period aquascape with an interesting fish choice...

nitg_aj286-09.jpg

Not to detract from the scape :)

but some fish considerations :oops:

Aquarium: Cube Garden W60×D30×H36(cm)

For this size of tank, Parambassis lala would seem a more suitable fish size
(P lala 3-4cm vs P ranga 8cm - occasionally P lala does ship in as P ranga )

Same for the Ctenops nobilis which are suggested for 120cm minimum tank length (re aggressive behaviour as they mature)

Not to detract from the scape :)

but some fish considerations :oops:

For this size of tank, Parambassis lala would seem a more suitable fish size
(P lala 3-4cm vs P ranga 8cm - occasionally P lala does ship in as P ranga)
I agree alto. These fish have always fascinated me ever since I first got in to fish keeping about a 100 years ago, it's one of the reasons this tank caught my eye. I think they were classified as genus Chanda back then.

Indeed fascinating fish.. They also caught my eye a few years back for my asian themed scape.
I actualy don't realy remember but i think they didn't come cheap. And grow to big for my tank.. All tho regularly available from the importer not a fish to find easily in the lfs. And i'm always reluctand to order lifestock i have no experience with or never seen for real.

https://www.ruinemans.com/en-GB/8012/indian-glass-perch.html

Nice scape but too many and inadéquate fishes...well, that's how Ada get their po4 to feed épiphytes...:D

Back