• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Results, NOW IN!

milla said:
zig said:
BTW who is Andrew Mack is he member here? what user name does he use, reveal yourself Andrew Mack!!!! :D

I think Andy Mack is the one that set up the tank at the TGM open day. Uses forum name of elanmack.

Mystery solved!

saintly said:
yep andy mack is the guy that set tgm's tank. same name anyway.

pics zig, pics my friend.

Patience my friend patience!

haha, well at least being placed one of the top 20 I know what one of them looks like anyway ;) takes the edge out of wondering what the others look like :)

zig said:
saintly said:
pics zig, pics my friend.
Patience my friend patience!
Now I'm confused, I thought from Dan's post on the first page of this thread that yours was the new front page for ukaps.org :?

Congrats to those who entered :D

George Farmer said:
898th - very poor. Must improve...

Dont be too hard on yourself George, as far as I'm concerned it's still bloomin impressive mate 8) 8)

Thanks, guys.

I'm surprised I didn't beat my place last year, and disappointed.

But I'm really chuffed for everyone else, especially Dan. I knew his would beat mine. Well-deserved.

And Peter is proving himself as truly world-class. A great result.

I look forward to the AGA and next year's ADA, where hopefully I can claw back some pride!

Well done all,what a result!!!

Ukaps baby!

Well done Peter - Respect!

I hope to see double the amount of entries next year, show the far east that they need to keep on their toes!!

BRILLIANT....well happy with all of you!!!

Graeme Edwards said:
I hope to see double the amount of entries next year, show the far east that they need to keep on their toes!!

I think with the massive rise in quality scapes that i've seen on this site since being a member we can easily double the amount for next year.

Watch-out Far East......we are coming

Well done Zig - one hell of an achievement. You've left a real footprint on the map now (just a shame you aint British!)

Awesome results.

Heartfelt congratulations to everyone we know and to those we have not yet met.

A big thumbs up to Andy Mack on his first entry.

Hooray for the UK, (not forgetting Ireland !)

Isnt Peter Kirwan a Member here? Id really like to see his Scape he entered.

I feel a bit better about my 898th place now.

From Filipe Oliveira

About George's layout, I don't understand why he obtained that classification... It remembers me my IAPLC 2006 when my aquarium obtained 552th and the same layout wins on AGA the 1st place and best of the show

And Jason Baliban

I am always surprised by the results every year. Some results just dont make any sense, George's layout is a perfect example of a rating that is completely ridiculous!!

Roll on the AGA and ADA 2009!

Just wondering Zig, did you intend for the layout to be entered into ADA hence no journal? If so, that's quite a foresight! I get the impression people do a scape, and then decide whether it's good enough to enter. That would certainly be my plan!

I want to see journals for all of them!

Well done peeps, and that goes to UKAPS non-members as well.

beeky said:
Just wondering Zig, did you intend for the layout to be entered into ADA hence no journal? If so, that's quite a foresight! I get the impression people do a scape, and then decide whether it's good enough to enter. That would certainly be my plan!

I want to see journals for all of them!

Well done peeps, and that goes to UKAPS non-members as well.

beeky I don't really do journals for my tanks, I usually just do an aquascape and post the finished result. I didn't post any pictures of this aquascape when it was finished because I knew I would enter it into the ADA competition, that was done on purpose, I just presumed most people would do that. As for foresight, well, obviously I had no idea it would do so well, but we do live in hope I guess when we enter these things!!!

Here are some other entries from this years competition.

Some from Poland

http://akwarium.nafotki.pl/2008/08/...l-aquatic-plants-layout-contest-2008/#more-63

and several scapes from Vietnam, this one takes a sec for the pics to load.

http://www.aquasaigon.org/forums/showthread.php?p=10990#post10990

Back