• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA soils

mfcphil said:
Think it must have been an ammonia spike.

Done daily water changes for the last three days to be on the safe side.

Get some replacement fish at the weekend.

Going to leave the very temperamental Rams alone....taking suggestion for some tank mates!!

Please don't get any new fish for a while until you are completely sure that the tank has matured properly and their won't be any more disasters. If you think it might have been an ammonia spike then it would be cruel to subject more fish to it. After a fortnight more then you can start to slowly restock with more confidence this won't happen again and what's a couple of weeks to wait compared with possibly killing more fish.

Please also bear in mind that more fish mean more ammonia and potentially more algae so waiting on stocking fish is good for the eventual health of the tank and plants too.

I looked at Olivers and thought of buying it but most of the things I read were sayin Amazonia was the bees knees.
My tank will no doubt benifit in the long run.

Thanks Clark.

The plants do love the nutrients in Aquasoil so they will definitely benefit. Ammonia is a part of those nutrients so it's all good! I'm not sure whether that means the Knott substrate has less ammonia and nutrients in or whether they are just in different forms? Either way AS is excellent. :D

Back