• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Solar 1

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Well, I have a new ADA style tank and cabinet being made by Aquariums Ltd in dark grey and i've had a good month so i thought i'd treat myself to something i've been fantasizing about for years, so i gave TGM a call and bought an ADA Solar 1.

I'm truly impressed by the whole thing, it's quality, it's styling, the colour rendition from the bulb, it's everything that you associate with ADA - super cool.

Even the packaging is classic ADA, worth every bean!

http://www.thegreenmachineaquatics.com/ ... %20150W%29

_MG_2054.jpg

_MG_2055.jpg

_MG_2057.jpg

_MG_2058.jpg

The old AquaOne Halide and T5 luminaire
OldTank.jpg

and the new one!
Tank.jpg

Logo.jpg

Needless to say, i'm chuffed to bits :D

Superman said:
I bet you were uber excited opening the packaging.
I was actually annoyed that it had been packed so well, i couldn't get into it quick enough!
viktorlantos said:
Hi Dan, this is cool. Congrat mate!
This small piece gives so much power. Your tank looks cool with that. Oh well the scape is beauty too! :D
Thanks mate, i'm really surprised at how much light it seems to give off, it appears more than the previous light, whether or not this is true i couldn't say but it certainly "seems" to be brighter/lighter.

Super cool mate! Matches the style of the set-up perfectly. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

I like the external ballast idea so it minimises the size of the unit. Clever stuff!

Well done mate! I know how hard you've worked to earn that. You couldn't have much more of a fitting reward. :D

George Farmer said:
Well done mate! I know how hard you've worked to earn that. You couldn't have much more of a fitting reward. :D
Thanks mate :D
The external ballast is cool and the unit is still well heavy without it, I like that though, just like the iPhone and stuff, it "feels" well made.
George Farmer said:
Super cool mate! Matches the style of the set-up perfectly.
It should match the new setup even better, well excited!

stuworrall said:
Have you had to mount the ballast outside the cabinet or do the plugs detach so you can get the cable through the tank cab holes?
At the moment i have the ballast outside the cabinet but i'll be looking to change that, i was so excited to get it hung i thought "i'll do that later" LOL It looks easy enough to do though.

worth every bean? I bet ADA make more than a 100% markup on there products.

Dan Crawford said:
I bet they do, thats no reason not to buy it though, this is just the same as many products in the world :D

couldn't agree more. just because products have high price tags, doesn't mean you have to buy it. you can always walk out the shop.

ADA goods are amazing though.

I can't deny the quality of ADA products & they look so dam sleek & sexy. But they are well overpriced, but like you say most things are overpriced for what they are. I just find that ADA are even more so for alot of there products.

It is a real nice looking quality lighting unit by ADA you have there though i must say.

I'm far from paranoid and I don't presume anyone is out to "get me" James but what do you take from that comment? Nice house Dan - laugh out loud, nice light though - laugh out loud? If that were me laughing at your house i'm sure you'd be a tad touchy....

features a slow start up to prevent shocking livestock
this is a intresting idea. how slow is it to get to full strenght dan?
and how long is the unit, i cant beleive how much light it kicks out for such a short length! :wideyed: its a beautifull light anyway, i hope you enjoy it :thumbup:

Back