• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA vs UNS Rimless Aquariums?

FISHnLAB

Hey guys, which do you prefer when it comes to rimless aquariums? Of course I love the ADA name and hear they are great but, UNS has those neat 45 degee mitered corners which are apparently stronger and get good reviews as well.

If you could get an ADA 60-P (102-8522) or a UNS 60U for about the same price which would you choose and why?

Just for added info, I am not able to view any quality rimless aquariums as it is a 10+ hour drive to the closest city with any hope of stock. Thanks👍.

If you could get an ADA 60-P (102-8522) or a UNS 60U for about the same price which would you choose and why?
Whichever I could get my hands on faster😅 to be honest when you get in to high end tanks there isn’t much noticeable difference (to me at least) between Brands. I own a second hand 60p and it’s nice, but I think I’d be just as happy with a UNS🙂

Whichever I could get my hands on faster😅 to be honest when you get in to high end tanks there isn’t much noticeable difference (to me at least) between Brands. I own a second hand 60p and it’s nice, but I think I’d be just as happy with a UNS🙂
Thanks for the input once again PND it's appreciated👍. I was going to get a matching set of Waterbox's on their annual sale this Friday but, there is a problem with availability so I'm looking at going a different route now.

ADA, purely on resale value

ADA, purely on resale value
Hi, thanks for the reply👍.

Yes, I guess that's something to consider too. Thanks for bringing it to my attention👍. In this case these are the end of the line for me though, the dream tanks. The only thing that will cause me to sell them is getting out of the hobby(even then I tend to put things into storage to play with at a later date) or to fund a bigger tank(I don't see that happening for many years if ever). Also, I live in a small town and don't think there would even be anyone to sell them to lol. So, in this case resale value is definitely way down on the list of things to consider for me.

I have a few Nano’s and what particularly attracted me to the Dennerle and Eheim ones were the rounded front corners. It’s a shame you can’t get much bigger tanks with this feature. I suspect it’s not quite so easy to bend 8mm or even 10mm glass accurately.
Given that limitation I’d go with mitred corners if I could get them.
Anyone know the limit on rimless/braceless tanks? I’d like a 90 x 50 x 50cm in 10mm glass, is this too big to go without braces?

Eheim sell one in nearly that size braceless and Ada and many of the German outlets have 120x60x60 but they’re not 10mm.

I have rounded corner tanks but always use them backwards so there’s no visible seams at the back of the tank and the front is nice and crisp.

I have a few Nano’s and what particularly attracted me to the Dennerle and Eheim ones were the rounded front corners. It’s a shame you can’t get much bigger tanks with this feature. I suspect it’s not quite so easy to bend 8mm or even 10mm glass accurately.
Yes, those rounded corner tanks are cool.
Anyone know the limit on rimless/braceless tanks? I’d like a 90 x 50 x 50cm in 10mm glass, is this too big to go without braces?
Definitely not. You can get huge rimless aquariums. I'm not sure how big but, Waterbox just for instance has several that are 200 US Gallons and larger. 90cm tanks seam to one of, if not the, most popular.

Needs to be 12mm tbh, the height of it has made the pressure spike.

Needs to be 12mm tbh, the height of it has made the pressure spike.
Actually it may only need to be 45cm high for the look I’m after. My 60L Nano is 43cm high and it’s only 5mm glass.
Anyone know if you can get mitred corner tanks in the UK?

Actually it may only need to be 45cm high for the look I’m after. My 60L Nano is 43cm high and it’s only 5mm glass.
Anyone know if you can get mitred corner tanks in the UK?
Aquariums 4 life May be able to help you out? I know they have quite a few different options available.

Back