• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA winners of 2009 Photographs are here!

Garuf

http://www.aquatouch.com/freshwater%202 ... Party.html

Stumble upon stumbled upon them! Marvellous little plug in.
Enjoy, quality isn't great but there seems to be a lot of "big" tanks, 4footers etc which I personally find a shame since it does nothing to inspire what could be done in a tiny tank how a beautiful tank of a similar size can, but that's just me being pedantic, there's some great scapes by the looks of it, the trend seems to be for powerful verticals in the wooden format and mountain scapes, very close in ideology to Zig's in what we'd call Iwagumis.

I know George entered this year and personally I think his tank was nicer than some of the top 10's (at least from the low res images) so you know, I don't think it's entirely fair (bias judging in favour of the home nations :shh: :lol: ).

Let us know whats your favourite, for me it's number 17 or number 8.

thanks gareth, nice tanks! This is the one for me, was planning on trying something like this in black lava in the future. Wouldnt be up to this standard though!!

NA%20contest%202009%2038.JPG

Hard to tell from some of the shots but it looks like the overall standard has improved yet again with some nice design innovations.

Bigger tanks tend to dominate the Top 27. Fillipe Oliveria was one of the first to break the Top 10 with a 60cm, I believe.

I'm actually considering entering a 60cm Dutch layout next year! :lol: Nature Aquariums are so last decade!! :lol:

I'm looking forward to the full photos coming out as the low res images look good.

From a personal view, whilst many are probably technically perfect, I find that when I look at some, I don't like the look of them at all. I find those trying to create a picture rather than a natual aquatic scene aren't my taste. Each to their own - good job eh?! :thumbup:

Back