• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adam's 40cm Nano

AdAndrews said:

This is a lovely pic.
I presume this is a 'Rasbora dorsiocellata' AKA Emerald Eye Rasbora. Also, what size is it and is it fully grown?
Do you have any of your brigitae left, and if so how do the two species get on together?

Sorry for all the questions, I have 40 Boraras Brigittae and I am tempted to get some of these Emeralds to offset them :)

Thanks guys :D

Matt- That is a sparkling gourami, that picture was not long after i'd got him home from the lfs, so he looked a bit skinny and pale there, i'll get some new pics of the fish/inverts tonight, as they seem to have coloured up nicely

I do not have any brittage left, i am going with wcmm's, but they are in a tank thats cycling atm, give it a week and i'll add 6 of them, and then maybe up the numbers over a few weeks.

sorry i dont know much about the emerald eye's :wave:

Nice work. That is outstanding and so impressive that you put it together in such a small little tank.

The were some of those sparkling gouramis at the LFS--really cool little fish.

my bee shrimp where the same always hiding but seem to be getting braver by the day but the cherry shrimp where all out from day one, you got any signs of babies yet :thumbup:

nah, not from the bee's :thumbdown: cherries as always are carrying loads, the only downside of the sparkling gourami's is that they will eat the little shrimp.

AdAndrews said:
Thanks guys :D

Matt- That is a sparkling gourami, that picture was not long after i'd got him home from the lfs, so he looked a bit skinny and pale there, i'll get some new pics of the fish/inverts tonight, as they seem to have coloured up nicely

I do not have any brittage left, i am going with wcmm's, but they are in a tank thats cycling atm, give it a week and i'll add 6 of them, and then maybe up the numbers over a few weeks.

sorry i dont know much about the emerald eye's :wave:

Thanks for the ID Ad. I assumed they were the Emerald eyes because of the colour of their eyes :oops:
I've had WCMM in the past they are lovely fish and I think they will look good in your nano :thumbup:

Just arrived is my new solenoid :D which, i spose my fish will be happy about.

its an aquaEl one, seems very nicely build, and working a treat, for around £25.00

im now putting it on from 10-10, so, its got a good 5 hours before lights to get everything stable in the tank.

Ive swapped the moss carpet for some HC, which Nelson kindly donated-thanks Neil!

Im too embarresed to get a FTS atm, but, heres a couple of pics...

DSCF1481.jpg

DSCF1482.jpg

DSCF1495.jpg

It shouldnt take the hc long to carpet, ive planted it fairly compact, and it was previously in a submerged set-up, which helps.

The sand front is not filled up yet, so, the "barrier" is being held up by some rocks, i didnt want to add the remainder of the sand as the plant substrate simply covers it, and during planting, thats a likely time when it will..

oh, and ive now got 10 wcmm, lovely things!

the long finned WCMM. they are still one of my favourite species of fish, very hardy, active and still very good looking fish.

i love them, wish i had a good shoal. They breed which is nice too. so you can buy 10-20 and end up increasing the shoal slowly.

Yea, i thought about them breeding as the lot i had before(year ago) bred, but, none of the fry survived after a month, i wondered if they layed eggs in this tank, would the shrimp eat them?

I just spied your soil barrier which made me chuckle as I've been trying to tackle the same problem, I feel your pain :lol:
I went mad and went for a half re-scape though but its good to see your persevering! :thumbup:

NeilW said:
I just spied your soil barrier which made me chuckle as I've been trying to tackle the same problem, I feel your pain :lol:
I went mad and went for a half re-scape though but its good to see your persevering! :thumbup:

:lol: I am going to fill the sand in soon, just didnt want to do it before planting the HC, as the Nature Soil is sooo light,

Jase said:
AdAndrews said:
the Nature Soil is sooo light

I feel your pain! As much as I like the stuff I think I'll try something different for my next scape.

Those WCMMs are the best I've ever seen :wideyed: What's the story behind them?

I agree, it is good stuff, plants seem to thrive, but, maybe look at the alternative substrate from the guys at the planted box, theirs is cheaper too :thumbup:

I keep my WCMM's at 24-25c this brings out their colours, when you see them in the lfs they are whitish looking, very plain and often not that active, keeping them at this temperature i have found brings out the silver and the red alot more, i also feed colour crisps :)

They dont seem to mind this temperature, just have to be aclimatised suitably when transfering them to a tropical tank.

thanks!

Back