• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adam's 40cm Nano

AdAndrews

I have re-scaped my 35litre arc tank, using the same equipment as i had previously, i got bored of the layout :lol: anyhows...

Specs:
Tank:
35litre
40cmx28cmx32cm(high)

Lighting:
3 x 8w T5
6 hour photoperiod

Filtration & circulation:
Tetratec EX600 (600lph)
Eheim 1048 (600lph)
With glass lilys-cal aqua and cheapo ebay ones.

Co2:
600g pressurized system- run 24/7
drop checker kept at lime green.
Boyu Inline diffuser

Heating:
25C
Hydor ETH 200w in-line

Fertilisation:
JamesC's all in one solution 2ml Daily
AE Carbon 2ml Daily

Maintenance:
1 x 50% water change weekly

Hardscape:
Seiyu Stone
Oliver Knott's Nature Soil(fine)
ADA Xingu Sand

Plants:
Mosses- Peacock, Fissidens and Spikey
E.tenellus
E.parvula
Rotala Rotundifolia
Rotala sp. Green
Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis
added: crypt wendtii green and mi oya

Pics to follow.
Adam.

For the meanwhile I have bodged a spraybar to make an intake for the filter as my cal aqua glassware broke last weekend :( I have some cheap lilies ordered, and will get another set in the future for the pump connections too.

I wanted to use mosses more than I have done in the past, plus that’s another excuse for getting some different types of shrimp, I’m thinking Crystal Blacks 8) to go with my cherries, wat d'ya reckon?

Hopefully when the plants have grown a little I will get a nice mature look, a mossy carpet, Lilaopsis and tenellus spiking up in various different places and a colourful background.

IMGP1580.jpg

IMGP1585.jpg

IMGP1586.jpg

IMGP1589.jpg

IMGP1594.jpg

IMGP1599.jpg

I am saving up for some more livestock at the moment, I think Boraras brigittae will fit the bill nicely,
Thanks for looking :)
Adam.

stuworrall said:
nothing worse than breaking quality glass

tell me about it :twisted: after i'd done it I thought nooo £20 down the pot :thumbdown:

so, how does this sound to you lot:
12 boraras brigittae
<6 Crystal Black Shrimp- anyone know a good supplier online?
maybe a group of 8 or so Pygmy Cories :D

The rotala rotundifolia growth has kicked in already, ive got a good 2cm growth in a day if not more off a few of the stems 8) so they are now out of the water, shall i trim?

well technically, you can do it now. i mean, you can trim down before setting a tank up, and plant the tops and even the bottom parts.

if you see new growth at the bottom nodes (or depending on the final line of crowns you want) you can trim.

Looking good, but are them stem plants going to need alot of constant trimming to keep tidy ?

Back