• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AdAndrews' 35l nano

AdAndrews

Hello, i'd just like to say a quick thanks to everyone thats helped me out on this for the last, erm.. god knows how long :lol:
so basically this tank was planned as an iwagumi, changed to wood when i recieved some killer wood from aaron, but now an iwagumi once more :D And its my first try at aquascaping.
Specs:

Tank-35litre Arc Tank- approx 8 USgallons
40cmX28cmX32cm(tall)

Lighting- 2x11w Arc Pods
6hrs for first six weeks, then raise to 8-10hrs after
Biax 865 6500k Tubes from LampSpecs

Filtration-TetratecEX600-600lph=17x Theoretical Turnover
Cal Aqua Nano Lily pipe set

CO2-2kg Fire Extinguisher
Lunapet regulator and solenoid
Boyu bubble counter
Rhinox 1000 Diffuser
AE Drop Checker

Heating-200w Hydor ETH In Line
25-26C

Nutrients-TPN+ 2ml Daily
EasyLife EasyCarbo >1ml Daily

Decor-TGM Blue Stone
Spray Painted Black Background

Substrate-Oliver Knotts Nature soil :D

Pics to follow.
Thanks
Adam

SteveUK said:
Sounds great Ad :) I liked the blue stone hardscape you came up with in your other thread :)

thanks steve, after I did that one i just thought to myself, thats it! so im going to stick with it and see how it goes, need suggestions for plants thought, at the moment i was thinking about e.parvula and h.c, have you got any suggestions

thanks

co2 setup:
IMGP1036.jpg

IMGP1037.jpg

Cabinet:
IMGP1039.jpg

Filter:
IMGP1041.jpg

tools:)
IMGP1038.jpg

substrate:
IMGP1023.jpg

smoothing out:
IMGP1032.jpg

And the tank at scaped' point:
IMGP1025.jpg

IMGP1026.jpg

IMGP1027.jpg

IMGP1028.jpg

IMGP1029.jpg

IMGP1033.jpg

Top Shot:
IMGP1030.jpg

With glassware in:
IMGP1035.jpg

Nature soil is absolutely brilliant, its got my vote straight away, and i havnt even planted in it yet :) its granuals are great, i moved the main stone a few times and they withstood anything i threw at them, i paid £49.99 for a 10l bag and i rekon i have used about 7 litres. The substrate is about 1.5" at the front sloping to 4" at the rear of the tank.

So, what do you rekon?
I wish i could plant now, but really want to be there for the first month of set-up so i can do w/c etc. and check everything is ok, and i cant to that due to a 2 week holiday, leaving next friday. The tetratec ex600 is running in my rekord 60, so a few days after i come back that will be 6 weeks matured and ready to use.

The planned stocking at the moment is just shrimp, mainly cherrys and i have already a couple of tigers, and then i will just see how it goes and which fish will suit the tank.

Anyone got any tips on removing 2 month old dried on green spot algae from the tank glass?

Thanks for looking
Adam

I agree with you on the naturesoil, it's fantastic.

The top of main stone is a little flat, but other than that it looks good.

As for the algae the edge of a credit card has always worked well for me.

Good luck with the planting.

cheers guys, i know the main stone is a little flat, but hey no ones perfect :lol: actually, i had a thought of covering it with moss, just like an scape in pfk I saw.

i rely like the hardscape, very different to all the other nanos and when i see the rock i immediately think of the Alps then i think of the Evian water logo :D. but thats just my head :lol: :lol:
cant wait to see it planted.

This gonna rock with the plants in....

I'm going to boycott Oliver Knott's substrate if all the bags come with that cheesy picture of him on the front with the thumbs up. 8)

Best Regards,
John

Thanks guys, just thinking of planting and what choices to make.. got any clues? i was thinking hairgrass, dwarf hairgrass and h.c

thanks, i think im going for either some p.helferi or staurygone in between the gaps in the rocks. 3 weeks and i will have it planted :)

Looks nice mate, well done.

If it were me, i'd stick with your initial planting scheme and leave out the p.helferi or staurygone. GIve it time and see if you really need it. Thats just me though!

ok, back from holi now, not sure thats a good thing but atleast i can plant the tank :D thinking of going with h.c and riccia foreground and then e.parvula and maybe some e.vivipara(not sure on this one though)
so hopefully i will have some new picks with planting around the end of the week.

just spotted this one and it looks great. youre a brave one with using riccia, lots of chopping ahead!

Im just doing a nano at the moment and its getting HC, then some UG then hairgrass. Fingers crossed on the UG as ive not grown it before

I would just use h.c, but i feel the foreground would look too bland and needs a bit of mixing textures, i have e-mailed my lfs and asked if they can get in the aquafleur plants i require.. i just feel this tank will be alot of keep changing things until i get what i want, but as of now i have ordred 4 pots e.parvula, 2 pots h.c, 1 portion of riccia

thanks

Cool - rock layout, are you going to make the substrate any steeper ? Personally I would steer clear of the riccia, it breaks up and infiltrates everywhere and once it's in you never get rid of it! Looking forward to seeing it planted - Tom

Back