• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AdAndrews' 35l nano

ok- thanks for the advise, umming and arring about the riccia now then :( are you sure it wont look too plain with just h.c and e.parvula? i may make the substrate a bit steeper, take some from the front and do it that way

cheers

Really, I think you should stay away from the riccia. How about some Pogostemon helferi around the rock bases if you want some different textures ? I find it complaments HC nicley - Tom

okey dokey, i hear you about the riccia, maybe i will give that one a miss- could do some p.helferi, i suppose i can always try it and if it doesnt work then cry :lol:
thanks
Adam

If HC grows PH will be fine, I think it's pretty tough little plant - happy planting T

ahh yeah, im not worring about it dying- its a weed in my 1wpg 60litre, so with pressurised co2, 2.5wpg and heavy ferts as well as nature soil it should be no problem :thumbup:

I was more worring about the pure size and presence compared to fine leaved e.parvula and insy tinsy h.c

thanks
Adam

Right.. ordered most of the plants off tgm, so hopefully it will be wednesday for planting- gonna get some p.helferi out of my 60cm, so just got to wait now.. while im thinking about it, whats the ideal reading on the guages of the co2 reg?

thanks
Adam

Ok, plants came today, that consisted of 1 pot of h.c, and 3 pots of e.parvula, i also recieved some crackin amazon frogbit to help block out some of the light..
I took some smaller pieces of p.helferi cuttings from my other tank, i havnt used alot basically becuase i dont have alot, but i have always found it to grow and send runners quickly anyway:
IMGP1245.jpg

secondly was the hc, i just cut this up into tiny portions:
IMGP1247.jpg

IMGP1248.jpg

and lastly, the e.parvula, i didnt quite have enough so i had to miss out the area behind the large stone, this wont be seen anyway, but be sure im trying to find some and rectify the problem:
IMGP1251.jpg

IMGP1253.jpg

and full tank shots:
IMGP1255.jpg

IMGP1265.jpg

IMGP1257.jpg

IMGP1258.jpg

IMGP1259.jpg

IMGP1263.jpg

hoping the e.parvula will green up in the next week and i will be monitoring stats closely, my bubble counter is set to 1 bubble every 2 seconds, this is giving me a green drop checker:
IMGP1266.jpg

and one last one, just messing around with the camera:
IMGP1262.jpg

PROBLEMS:
Nature soil broke up in places, hasnt clouded the water which is good, but not what i expected £49.99 substrate!
Filter only just fit into the cabinet with the FE, not room for much else :rolleyes:

please leave any comments/critique
thanks
Adam

Looking good, can't wait to see it grow in! Is it E.viparia thats like hair grass but taller? Could consider it for behind the big stone. Personally given the low bio-mass I would use just one light, initially, some may disagree and say you need the extra light for the HC but I found it would pretty much grow in the dark with enough CO2.

Nice work, T

Just a little update, hairgrass has started to grow, trimmed it once already, hc is coming along, but slowly, only very minor algae issues, just a tiny biut of diatoms on like 2% of the hc, but i have upped the tpn+ to 2ml daily, and ae carbon is at 0.7 daily, as well as running the co2 at yellow on the drop checker

grow!!!!

Hi,

Looking good, on the light question, i'd use both arc pods.

I had one of the 9w ones on my 20L arc tank and it didnt cut it. I ended up using 3 then swapping it over for the 2x11w DIY jobs i have now.

The in my opinion Arc pods don't give as much light as a comparable say Dennerle light . I think the lens and casing take out a bit of the intensity in comparison to a unshielded light. This is just my experience from my 9w Dennerle to my 9w Arc pod growth. Saying that the 9w Dennerle is a damp fine light.

Best Regards,
John

thanks for the comments, i have now got to a point where i am contemplating getting a 3rd 11w arc pod, for 1) better coverage and 2) hopefully quicker growth, what do you guys think will 33w over 35litre/8g be too much? thats over 4pg, maybe a little too much lol. or a 9w??

thanks

Yeah, it broke up during the time inbetween putting it in the tank, leaving it for 5 weeks and then planting(the wait becuase of a holiday) however it causes no problems, doesnt cloud the water, it sinks, and is fine :D

thanks

Back