• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AdAndrews' 35l nano

Got some pics after being away during the weekend, my gran was on fert duty, but algae has took hold slightly, mainly on glass and stone, hopefully i can get some cherries when the nitrite reaches zero soon, here:
IMGP1326.jpg

IMGP1328.jpg

IMGP1330.jpg

IMGP1332.jpg

IMGP1333.jpg

IMGP1334.jpg

what algae? thats nothing mate, a little algae makes the scape look so much better, it gives it age. Stones with a little greenery help them blend into the scape so much better, rather than looking like they were 'just placed there'
Greenery for Scenery my friend :D

okey dokey guys :) there was more algae than that, but i couldnt take pics of algae infested glass so i spent a little time clearing up.
you say otto's saintly? but arent these more suseptable to problems in unmature aquaria rather than cherry shrimp? how many otto's would you go for, 3? and then if i get 20 or so baby shrimp im sorted.. right?

AdAndrews said:
but arent these more suseptable to problems in unmature aquaria rather than cherry shrimp?

not if you keep up water changes etc. i always add them pretty instantly too.( within 24 hours using mature media) it looks like you've got a bit of the brown variety so add yes, maybe 3 or 4. they'll do a good job. add half a dozen amano's too. which i wouldn't feed for a while.

alright, thanks mark.. i have used mature media- filter was running for 6 weeks in a stocked tank, but i tested the water again yesterday and im still getting ammonia and nitrite :thumbdown: what shall i do :?:

I have ordered some e.vivipara for the back of the tank, undecided about positioning get, may have one "wall" and then a gap off centre to the left and then a smaller "wall", or maybe just less than half a side :crazy:

tank is still showing up nitrites and some ammonia, but why, there is nothing in it, the media was semi-mature, ????

help appreciated
Adam

THis little tank looks real nice. I like your rock scaping--it is expressive.

I have altered it slightly today, i have moved the second biggest stone, and pushed it in a little more, seems a bit better, keep on improving little bits all the time.

thanks
Adam

Just recieved my boyu in-line diffuser, so hopefully i can stop wasting co2, im having a little algae issues at the moment, diatoms :twisted:
I think this is down to bad water quality while running lights for 8hours, becuase i am stetching the time for water changes to every 2 days instead of every one, growth is much better, but maybe i need to use more tpn+, im using 2ml as it is, is it possible to use 3ml?
And the frogbit has grown immensley, but its "roots" are really long, can i snip these without causing damage to the plant, does the cutting stimulate new growth as with many "non floating plants"?

thanks

AdAndrews said:
Just recieved my boyu in-line diffuser, so hopefully i can stop wasting co2, im having a little algae issues at the moment, diatoms :twisted:
I think this is down to bad water quality while running lights for 8hours, becuase i am stetching the time for water changes to every 2 days instead of every one, growth is much better, but maybe i need to use more tpn+, im using 2ml as it is, is it possible to use 3ml?
And the frogbit has grown immensley, but its "roots" are really long, can i snip these without causing damage to the plant, does the cutting stimulate new growth as with many "non floating plants"?

thanks

diatoms is caused by the ammonia. are you running any ammonia remover/ zeolite/ purigen etc in the filter?

cut the lighting to 6hrs too.

2ml should be enough, i used 3ml on my 60l.

the roots can be cut too, not sure if it promotes new grwoth, you can tell the difference anyway lol

Even though i didnt say this on the forum i did bite the bullet yesterday and put a bn plec in(2") as i fear it was going backwards seen as there is hardly any ammonia showing up, but nitrites of 0.25ppm-he seems to be doing fine, and has made a great job of the diatoms on the rock, so hopefully seen as plec's are high waste producers he will speed things up a little.
I have tip-exed the back of the DC, and the colour is really light yellowy green, thanks mate :)

got some e.vivipara coming tommorrow-at long last. Still havnt decided on positioning though, there are two pots, so should be quite a bit, where do you rekon, maybe just on the left behind the rock, or both sides(one bit bigger than the other) and with a gap inbetween, or what?

Suggestions please

Adam

can i just add, its come on quite alot since the last set of pics, so i will get a few up when the e.vivipara arrives and is planted :)

Also thinking about some weeping moss for the main stone-what do you rekon?

Vivipara now planted, didnt have much choice what i could do with it, as the two pots were fairly miniscule, im sure it will look good when it starts to fill in.

Adam

Back