• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adding extra light to my aquarium

Jake :D

Seedling
I have a Fluval Roma 125l it currently has 2 20w t8 bulbs on it.I have a few really easy plants already.I fancy adding a bit of extra light...without breaking the bank!Just an extra tube would be fine but im unsure as to how they would be fitted/attached under the hood(even though there is space).What would i have to do?? o_O

I always assumed i would need more.It only works out at 1.5 wpg i thought this was considered low...Everything seems to survive rather than flourish!I do fertilise and i am going to try liquid co2,does anyone else have an opinion id like to try some so called harder plants but im not really willing to spend the money to get pressurised co2,well atleast not just yet! :lol:

Your assumption is not correct. As Aaron has just explained, hard plants have nothing to do with light. They are hard because they require more CO2 and nutrients than easy plants. If you add more light without paying attention to nutrients and CO2 you make them even harder. Learn about CO2 and nutrients first. Then learn about light.

Cheers,

What i would do is swap the bulbs for T6's- you can get them from aqua essentials, they give much better kick than the t8's and i think its a much nicer light too.

edit: thats if you are going to anything at all to the light that is.

I think i will change to t6's although i would like to know the color temp of the plant gro ones,I won't use the daylight one since it 11,000K!Does anyone know what the plant gro bulbs are like?

Jake :D said:
I think i will change to t6's although i would like to know the color temp of the plant gro ones,I won't use the daylight one since it 11,000K!Does anyone know what the plant gro bulbs are like?

i used daylight i think, they were awesome.

Back