• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adding extra lighting to aquarium hood.

I have a Juwel Vision 180 aquarium that has a flat hood housing 2 x Flaps and a T5 High Lite Unit with 2 x 35w bulbs.

This only gives me about 1.5 wpg. I was hoping to be able to get this up to 2 or 2.5 wpg.

Any advice on increasing the light? I will be using reflectors on both bulbs I dont know if this will give me a higher wpg or not?

Is there anything available in the UK that allows me to add more light fixtures under the hood? Eg can be attached to flaps along with the lighting unit?

Thanks

Jewel hoods, along with most standard hoods are hard to modify, simply because of where the lights are located.

I'd stick with what you have, keep your reflectors clean and given proper CO2 and all the game, you should be able to grow whatever you like IMO.

Indeed. Pressurized CO2 as well. If that's not possible then dose liquid carbon and provide some shade via floating plants.

Back