• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

adding Solenoid to Ista regulator

jonnyuk

hi all, hoping someone can help. i have the ista 0.5ltr standard setup (single stage, simgle gauge reg with no solenoid), i'm looking to add a solenoid but from what i've read it should really be directly screwed to the reg, not via tubing. can i remove the mail connector from the reg and then use a solenoid with a male connector and connect it directly?
i don't want to start unscrewing the male connector (has the tub nipple on it) from the reg to only find its not meant to come off and i've busted a seal or something.
this the reg i have
Item# 00589: Aluminum CO2 Flow Regulator
As you can tell, i'm new to CO2 so ant advice most welcome.
thanks

Last edited:
Why not via tubing? I can understand if this was working at bottle pressure, but after the regulator, the solenoid will only be switching working pressure. Providing you use good quality pneumatic hose, keep it short, and secure the solenoid, so it doesn't flop around, can't see an issue. Unless I'm missing something?

Why not via tubing? I can understand if this was working at bottle pressure, but after the regulator, the solenoid will only be switching working pressure. Providing you use good quality pneumatic hose, keep it short, and secure the solenoid, so it doesn't flop around, can't see an issue. Unless I'm missing something?

you make a good point, suppose i got sucked into reading recommendations on place co2 super market! it certainly makes my life easier,
do you have any recommendations for the hosing,
thanks for the advice

Back