• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adjustable LED lighting

full control for a planted tank
What do you mean full control ?

Plants use light, not bothered what the spectrum is, they will just use it. Just choose T5 tubes or LED's that make the plants look good in your eyes and ensure they are not too bright so as to not frazzle the plants. Job done.

full control
What I really mean is firstly you are able to adjust at least the 'brightness' of the lights down past 30% like the Kessils and secondly if you can control each channel individually so you are able to turn on a 'moonlight' from time to time then all the better.

Hey Andrew I have the tri spec and this is the menu on my phone if this is what sort of thing your looking for

5cca197d9fbbe249c8047eaf48074518.jpg

4d0156ea50c4e6add6408cba04b21bd5.jpg

Luke.

Yes LED Lighting does exsit that has the full potential control, you just need the hardware to control it. Most use the 'DALI' standard to adjust the lights output via a 0-10volt analog input. Some T5 ballests have it and some LEDs drivers have it. Kessils have it and the kessil control can be used to control the lights via twin 0-10v analog outputs.
Taken one step further myself and using a PLC to control the lights via duel 0-10v outputs How to use a PLC to control your fish tank.

Not cheap - can be done with some DIY LEDs too just need the right chips and drivers

Yes LED Lighting does exsit that has the full potential control, you just need the hardware to control it.

I was looking for something a bit more 'ready made'
In reefkeeping there's loads of options AI, Pacific Sun, Ecotech, Maxspect and Kessil (I know they make a freshwater version) and that's just to name a few.
The colours just aren't right for a planted tank though and if you turn the blues down to try and get a better colour the power just isn't there.

Anyone got any experience with the fluval fresh and planted tank LED with WiFi controller?

What do you mean full control ?

Plants use light, not bothered what the spectrum is, they will just use it. Just choose T5 tubes or LED's that make the plants look good in your eyes and ensure they are not too bright so as to not frazzle the plants. Job done.

Does this apply to domestic LEDs too? I have just put some fill in lights above my tank for aesthetic lighting, but would they also provide growth?

Back