• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ad's Low tech-ish 54l-Updated!

AdAndrews

Hi guys, I cant seem to stay away from plants, so I have decided to turn my 54litre rekord 60 from a shelldweller tank to a reasonably low-tech planted :D

>60cm jewel rekord 54litre

>15w of t6 lighting

>Tropica substrate+scattered trace element powder, with Oli Knotts Nature soil, all capped with black gravel

>EasyCarbo dosed daily(in the past i have found this really helps, so i want to use it again)

>TPN+ dosed daily(will be changing this to longer period of time, or stop completely)

>Filtration is by standard jewel internal filter, no extra powerhead, as I dont see the need for one at this stage.

>Plants:

rotala rotundifolia
e.tenellus
crypt undalata
crypt wendtii "green"
crypt wendtii "brown"
p.helferi
anubias nana
java fern "narrow"

Fish wise, I have currently got a bn plec(about 2") in the tank, and my sparkling gourami, I hope to be getting a nice shoal of neon tetras, and then taking it from there really...

DSCF1382.jpg

DSCF1346.jpg

DSCF1358.jpg

DSCF1348.jpg

ps. Images are sub-edits, i am currently getting used to my new camera, so, taking things a step at a time.

Re: Ad's Low tech-ish 54l

cheers, should be nice when it all fills in, i mean, its gonna take ages due to the low lighting, but, a nice carpet of p.helferi and i'll be happy.

Im getting some crypt melt-something i havnt experienced before, so, i'll have to get my scissors out sooner than expected!

are the rocks staying or are they there for weighing down the wood?

looks good, love the planting.

the rocks are staying i think, i know the one may look a little big, but, when the plants grow, algae covers it should look fine *i hope*

thanks Nick!

Is that the Pogostemon helferi I sent you? I will keep an eye on this one, it feels like I have some sort of attachment to it!

Carpet should look wick!

Cheers
Pix

yea mate, some of it is, i brought 2 pots aswell, right ammount i think, i agree, it should look great!

Interesting to see how your Pogostemon helferi grows with your setup as my tank is pretty similar and mine seems to be ok after a few days in there.

Sam

Ad, is your foreground a mix of rotala rotundifolia, e.tenellus & p.helferi?
It will be great to see that blend once they have grown in 8)

foreground is simply p.helferi, the rotala and e.tennellus are at the back, only short at the moment, thats why you cant really see them..

Back