• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advanced pipe cleaning methods?

ForestDave

I've been contemplating easier pipe cleaning methods as I've plumbed in a lot of solvent weld pvc pipe. One option is a soggy pompom pushed through by an air compressor. Another thought was to pull out my filter media temporarily and run the filter, (FX6), with some warm water and bicarbonate of soda whilst diverting the inlet and outlet pipes into a bucket.
Has anyone else tried any adventurous pipe cleaning methods?

Double Ended Water Filter Pump Pipe Cleaning Brush Aquarium Fish Tank
1615369558604.png

Elbow grease and time, may take longest but the most thorough IMO

I worked in a tile factory and we used a pipe pig under pressure to clean the tile glaze fro the pipes that ran to the tile glazing booths.

Having tried all the brands of spring brushes. The only ones that actually work well are the ADA brushes. They are cut to the exact size of Lilly pipes and the spring coil is really flexible. All the others just cause you to push hard and they get stuck easy.

They look great @Ed Wiser . Love the fact you have pig trackers! They'd need to cope with different diameter pipe with my system but that's definitely the kind of thing I was thinking about, just soft fluffy pigs! 😄

I came across a post recently on facebook of a guy cleaning his lily pipes without disconnecting them with filter floss + neodymium magnets. I guess that could be extended to some other sections of the tubing network.

Wrap the magnet with filter floss and throw that in the pipe through the outflow. Now take another magnet and start cleaning. Obviously you would then need to flush out all the dirty water in a bucket but this has the advantage of not needing to disconnect everything. I haven't tried this myself as my pipes are still rather clean but I am planning to.

Back