• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice about planting in multiple sessions

Dabryan

Beginners question.
Is it possible to do the planting in separate sessions without filling up the tank?
Due to logistics, kids and plants arriving at different times, I find it more or less impossible to do all the planting in one session.
Any advice on how to avoid everything go dry and die?
/d

Depends on the plants you plan on planting first. It is doable as most of the plants we buy are grown emersed so you can replicate this by planting, spraying with water and sealing the tank with cling film. You just keep an eye and spray every day or so. I've used this to get carpeting plants to grow quicker in a dry start, most plants will be happy as long as they have a moist environment. However you couldn't do this with valisnerria sp or blyxa japonica as they are fully aquatic and won't handle being out of the water for too long.

Beginners question.
Is it possible to do the planting in separate sessions without filling up the tank?
Due to logistics, kids and plants arriving at different times, I find it more or less impossible to do all the planting in one session.
Any advice on how to avoid everything go dry and die?
Why bother? Whatever plants you have, plant them, fill the tank and carry on. When new plants arrive either plant them directly, or if you find it easier, drop the water level and plant. This should never be an issue. No one ever has all the plants they will obtain at one time.

Cheers,

Back