• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice - Connecting Fluval 405 to Aqua Medic 1000 Reactor

Bobtastic

Hi all,

I'm looking to get hold of a Aqua Media 1000 Co2 reactor and was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience it connecting the hoses to the reactor. I've seen pictures of one that uses the rubber ends on the hoses, but i can't tell if they are the ends that fit into the filter or the rubber "cap" ends... If they are then that would mean using the full length of replacement (spare) hose to go from the filter to the reactor and then the same length again from the reactor to the outlet. Would this not affect the flow?

Or is there another way of connecting it all up? If anyone has picture of how they've done this it would be most helpful. :thumbup:

Thanks in advance!

Re: Advice - Connecting Fluval 405 to Aqua Medic 1000 Reacto

Hi Bobtastic

I've got mine connected to a Tetratec EX1200.
I just cut the hoses to length and stuck a jubilee clip on them, as they leak if you don't.
Plus, I didn't fancy mopping up the best part of 180 litres if it came off in my absence :lol:.
No brainer really :D

Yeah, I'm sure I'll have to use a jubilee clip somewhere in the equasion. It's just that the standard Fluval hoses are ribbed (for her pleasure!) to help prevent kinking, so I'm not sure if the jubilee clips will work so well...

Get some 16mm Ehiem hose from the 405 to the reactor, then use the Fluval hose from the reactor to the tank using the rubber end on the reactor as the cut end will never seal. That's how I set up ours anyway, works great

Hi,

Personally I think I would change all the ribbed pipework out for standard PVC tubing anyway. Never really saw the benefits of using it in the first place, sure it will help to stop kinking but it must be totally impossible to keep clean and the disruption to the internal flow must be immense.

Regards, Chris.

Hi,

I think 16-22mm tubing would be right but if in doubt just get hold of a small section first to test it for fitting to your existing hardware, i.e. the filter and the spraybar/lillypipe.

Regards, Chris.

Back