• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice critiques please

Danioscape

Seedling
Hey guys I’ve have my hard scape in my tank for a couple of days now it’s 24x12x12 so it’s quite a small tank but is an upgrade from my current 5g

The vision is to have DhG Monte and Valis for mixture of carpet small plants crypts in and around the trees anda mixture of Riccia, java and Christmas for the moss tree effect with some different textures

I know there’s still a lot to learn so any advice pointers would be greatly appreciated.
0E59F6D3-1A02-4C2C-A823-781F0511991F.jpeg

Admittedly I'm the world's worst scaper but to me the first thing I notice is its very symmetrical with the wood, so looks a bit forced. I'd try and shift the focus from the centre and get a little flow in one main direction.

Hopefully some of the really good scapers will add their thoughts.

@mort I will arm wrestle your for the title of

the world's worst scaper
😄

@Danioscape Hi, I personally would use longer pieces of wood so they stick out of the water and maybe cross over each other to form an archway, move the larger rocks to the front and the smaller pieces to the back and get rid of the tiny tiny bits of wood totally as they will totally disappear once you get some plants in.

Hi guys thanks for the tips I think im
Definitely gonna wave up and get some good quality manzanita wood I’ve been looking at other scapes and it looks really cool. Definitely love the idea of the archway forest and have seen some examples where thismteally worlks well. Noted about the little trees disssapearing this makes a lot of sense.

I’ll continue to play with them and will try starting big from the front really appreciate the tips guys.

May I enter as a contender for worst aquascaper!

Back