• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice for my tank please!

SiobhanGledhill

I was just wondering if I need to put a matt under my tank? ive heard yes and no from various websites - my tank is braced and does have a black plastic bottom, its lasted a while with nothing underneath it - its on top of an oak cabinet so im not worried about the cabinet breaking - but it will be heavier than it has been before so just wondering if a padded mat is needed or not?

What make is the aquarium . If its not rimless it may have a floating base which can go straight on the cabinet without a mat. Example the aqua one range the original ones have floating base. If unsure just use a mat level of course

I was just wondering if I need to put a matt under my tank? ive heard yes and no from various websites - my tank is braced and does have a black plastic bottom, its lasted a while with nothing underneath it - its on top of an oak cabinet so im not worried about the cabinet breaking - but it will be heavier than it has been before so just wondering if a padded mat is needed or not?
IMG_20200602_193837_639.jpg

If it has a plastic rim around the base like my fluval in picture then no. The whole idea is to lift the glass uniformly around the edge with the plastic base. If Just a piece of glass then you need something under to take any imperfections of the surface out or you get a pressure point on the glass which will crack.

Back